Whatsapp

langley241

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I downladed whatsapp, i was asked if i wanted it to check contacts of who had the app, i now have a list of favourites but some people who have the app are not shown, all it does is prompt me to request they join.....any ideas

Etermonk

Banned
Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Last time I checked, there were unfortunately no options to opt out from certain or any listings of your friends' Whatsapp. What is a bit disturbing is that while being a very useful messaging tool, Whatsapp has potential privacy holes which I am not exactly sure about.

Here is a scenario - I have 600 friends on Facebook - I have synced my iPhone contacts and Facebook through the Facebook app. I have also synced my iPhone contacts to my Gmail where I have a minimum of 320 more or less separate contacts.

Now Whatsapp has brough my phone number exposed to all these contacts at the same time. And trust me, I have never shared my cell number with that many people as this is more or less of a private detail.

I just don't know how to prevent certain people from my various contact circles from automatically finding me on Whatsapp and learning about my cellphone number. I cannot just delete the contacts I don't wish to have me on Whatsapp from my iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2