Favorite free apps for iPhone?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
That's great pink! I also decided to downloaded pocket and so far I like it better then readability too lol. I like both for different reasons so at the moment in using both. Both apps work really well with pulse too. How's instapaper?

Tapatalking

InstaPaper has a nice UI on the iPad for the bit that i've used it (i dont have it on my 4S so i cant comment on it). I honestly cant give you a full opinion on it because i've barely used it, sorry. I can tell you the features it has are liked, archive, friends, the feature (not sure exactly what this is havent ckd it out), a link for the web and settings (including font style, size, light/dark background) theres also sharing for Fb, twitter, tumblr, pinboard & Evernote, as well as being able to email articles from what ever browser your on using the InstaPaper email contact OR having the InstaPaper save link stored directly to your Safari bookmarks bar (not just to bookmark it)

so it may have a few more settings than what Pocket has as far as social sharing goes, but i dont use/need any of them. So its really up to you if you needed those extra functions. InstaPaper is also $3.99

So idk if what i've told you helped at all, lol. Hopefully it has a bit:)

I'm pretty happy with Pocket for now:);)

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok I see. Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to stick with readability and pocket myself. I'm liking pocket a lot right now.

Tapatalking

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I am seconding the vote for pocket--I use it to send interesting articles from flipboard and tweetbot that I want to read more in-depth.

Other free apps I love: Facebook, Pinterest, USA Today (looks just like the paper), tumblr and jasmine, which is my replacement YouTube app.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I am seconding the vote for pocket--I use it to send interesting articles from flipboard and tweetbot that I want to read more in-depth.

Other free apps I love: Facebook, Pinterest, USA Today (looks just like the paper), tumblr and jasmine, which is my replacement YouTube app.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Speaking of Flipboard - i checked this one out yesterday and dwld'd it to my iPad. So far i like it too, and will add it to my 4S ! :D

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of Flipboard - i checked this one out yesterday and dwld'd it to my iPad. So far i like it too, and will add it to my 4S ! :D

I love how graphic it is--it really feels like a magazine to me, and I love how you can add so many sources to it.

Vandygirl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
ESPN Fantasy Football
Pandora
Bad Piggie
Shazam

I love how I have this wonderful, yet expensive phone but get in a tizzy if an app isn't free!!!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Cool pick pink. How do you like the flipboard app? Is it like pulse?

Tapatalking

Rellskie, I REALLY like it - better than Pulse ! It has the same content that you can add, including integration of FB & Twitter if you use them (I don't) you can re-arrange the order your articles are in as well. Here's a few ss's I didn't create an acct tho. Also, the little red tab you see in the upper right is where you edit your settings etc. and pages on the iPhone "flip" bottom to top :) it also has Pocket, Instapaper and Readabiltiy integration too !

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Rellskie, I REALLY like it - better than Pulse ! It has the same content that you can add, including integration of FB & Twitter if you use them (I don't) you can re-arrange the order your articles are in as well. Here's a few ss's I didn't create an acct tho. Also, the little red tab you see in the upper right is where you edit your settings etc. and pages on the iPhone "flip" bottom to top :) it also has Pocket, Instapaper and Readabiltiy integration too !

Thanks pink. I always thought you needed fb or twitter to use it or something lol. Thanks for the info.

Tapatalking

eclectica

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Netflix
Hulu
Spotify
Fruit Ninja
Tap Tap Revolution

honestly I rarely pay for apps but I've found a lot of great free ones!

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the ss on this one...got it yesterday and LOVE it!! Its great that I can delete separate apps now (LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter) and place them in Flip; they display soo much nicer there anyways!!! I may even take this little social wonder out of its folder and place it right on my homescreen!! ;)

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Few new faves:

Spotify--has won my vote after trying iheartradio, tuneinradio, pandora...
Flipboard--just plain fun for browsing news etc...can add twitter, linkedin and easier than individual apps! (thanks Pink!)
Any.do--task manager...still playing with, but best one so far!
AnyList--best list maker for shopping!
Dolphin--fave browser

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just came across this one that is free (i think just for today) normally its a $1.99. If you read Flipboard and have the "Apps" column they feature certain paid apps that are free for a limited time. They do this on a daily basis. This one is called "Breeze" (not breeze lite) is really nice. Normally i don't go for gimicky type apps, but while washing the dishes today (no power still=no dishwasher) i had the chimes with a rain storm background playing and it was very soothing:) I dwld'd it for both my iPad(1st gen) and 4S. It also has a bedtime timer function for those of you that might like "white noise" in the background when turning in for the night!!

I'd have to add, that prob the only downfall of this app could be it being a battery hog. While i was playing it on my ipad, i went to close the sleep button and the app stopped.....so the screen needs to remain ON while its in action. There is however a screen dim function within the app to conserve a bit:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh