App to edit MIcrosoft Office docs on Skydrive

Jgittere

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone aware of an app that you can edit office docs that are hosted on Microsoft skydrive? I want to sart using my iPad 2 more for work instead of traveling with my laptop. However, my company doesn't support Dropbox or another cloud services. However, I figure how much trouble can I get in if I put my docs on skydrive since it's Microsoft.

manutd7

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
My office no longer allows the installation of Dropbox on my work laptop, but I can still upload docs via their website. Have you tried using it?
I would imagine that your work's issue with Dropbox is probably the same with Skydrive, regardless of it being MS or not.

Theneteffect

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
App to edit SkyDrive docs on iPhone and iPad

Is anyone aware of an app that you can edit office docs that are hosted on Microsoft skydrive? I want to sart using my iPad 2 more for work instead of traveling with my laptop. However, my company doesn't support Dropbox or another cloud services. However, I figure how much trouble can I get in if I put my docs on skydrive since it's Microsoft.

You can use the iSMEStorage App for this. When you purchase it and add SkyDrive to the App it enables something they refer to as WebDav which is essentially WebDav over any Cloud you add to the App (it supports SkyDrive but also many others). This means you can use Apple iWork or other office editing packages such as Office2 HD to directly load and edit office Docs from SkyDrive.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
There's probably a reason why your company doesn't support cloud apps. The last thing i'd be doing is trying to get around it.

Jgittere

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I just think they are not "there" yet. When I was hired in December, I was given the choice to a company PC or to use my personal Macbook. I am in commercial real estate and don't know anyone who is on Mac. For the ease of working with proposals and leases in Word, I thought is was best to use a company PC.

I travel 2-3 times a month and want to use my iPad if I am in a pinch, but don't want to drag my heavy company laptop if I don't have to. I just hate to rely on storing documents in email for access to them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR