Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Leanna Lofte
  • 1 Post By driazen
  • 1 Post By Craig
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,373 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Paper for iPad: Show off your artwork!

First iPad app I've actually felt like I could draw with. Will still take some getting used to, though. Especially water color. Might need to break out the stylus!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paper for iPad: Show off your artwork!-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1333004639.744047.jpg   Paper for iPad: Show off your artwork!-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1333004648.949196.jpg   Paper for iPad: Show off your artwork!-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1333004656.978986.jpg   Paper for iPad: Show off your artwork!-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1333004664.343621.jpg  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    33,234 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

You did those with your finger???? WOW, impressive! I especially liked the batman sketch. I'm gonna have to check out this program on my iPad.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Yeah those are good. I want to check this out too but mine is not going to look like that

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk
    32GB iPhone 5 black
    32GB Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    16GB iPhone 4 black retired/backup
    16GB iPad 3rd gen WiFi
    16GB OG iPad WiFi sold
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Ritchie View Post
    First iPad app I've actually felt like I could draw with. Will still take some getting used to, though. Especially water color. Might need to break out the stylus!

Holy Batman!!
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

i was playing around with the app... seems pretty cool...have a bunch of little drawings, here's one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paper for iPad: Show off your artwork!-image.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

awesome. are they drawn with a stylis or with your finger?
    App and photo editor

Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Here's a couple of my little doodles. (I'm not an artist)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paper for iPad: Show off your artwork!-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1333344566.316393.jpg   Paper for iPad: Show off your artwork!-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1333344583.631974.jpg  
    bigjayLLC likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by llofte View Post
    Here's a couple of my little doodles. (I'm not an artist)
    very nice!! no artist either but always good to be able to doodle (and share it) throughout the day

Global Posts
    2,139 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Nice job guys! I can't buy the pencils, I'd rather have paid full price for Paper.
    64GB iPhone 6 32GB iPhone 5S 64GB iPad 3 LTE 15" MacBook Pro 2.8GHz 21" iMac 2.9GHz i5
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Here are some of mine.. Not really happy with the coloring, though. Never like using water color..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paper for iPad: Show off your artwork!-img_0029.jpg-2-.jpg   Paper for iPad: Show off your artwork!-img_0030.jpg-3-.jpg  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

I am about as far from an artist as it gets, but this app makes 3 hr conference calls fly by.

Paper for iPad: Show off your artwork!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1334058584.773324.jpg
    Paper for iPad: Show off your artwork!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1334058597.268662.jpg
    Paper for iPad: Show off your artwork!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1334058633.005812.jpg
    AlexW52 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,139 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I haven't mastered drawing digitally yet, not even on my bamboo tab, where my fiancé on the other hand is a beast! I decided to buy the brush bundle, why not? And I have more stylus coming. Paper for iPad: Show off your artwork!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1334416564.481032.jpg

Playing around with it for the first time. Lol
    64GB iPhone 6 32GB iPhone 5S 64GB iPad 3 LTE 15" MacBook Pro 2.8GHz 21" iMac 2.9GHz i5

Global Posts
    2,139 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by mbrt View Post
    Here are some of mine.. Not really happy with the coloring, though. Never like using water color..
    I think it's awesome. Did you use a stylus?
    iPhone Newbie

I'm quite impressed!! You did these without a stylus. Wow! Going to check this out as well.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,883 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Nice pics

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS 6.0

I am very surprised how many people got Paper with their pay by pen prices. There are so many good drawing apps out there that I use that are complete with one fair purchase price. If it was just $9.99 complete I may get it, but I hate being nickel and dimed to death.
    Craig S, Photographer
    ConciergePhoto | ModelMayhem | NWCreativeArts Magazine | "Be Remarkable!"
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I am very surprised how many people got Paper with their pay by pen prices. There are so many good drawing apps out there that I use that are complete with one fair purchase price. If it was just $9.99 complete I may get it, but I hate being nickel and dimed to death.
    I was of the same mind set, but once I realized that the complete set is $7.99 I was fine with the purchase option. Mind I was only fine with this after experiencing the fluidity and accuracy of the pen.

So if you are comfortable paying $9.99 for a app upfront, I highly suggest you download Paper, and purchase the "The Complete Set" for just $7.99.
    <infomercial voice> That's a savings of $2!!! <infomercial voice>
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Manutd7 View Post
    I was of the same mind set, but once I realized that the complete set is $7.99 I was fine with the purchase option. Mind I was only fine with this after experiencing the fluidity and accuracy of the pen.

So if you are comfortable paying $9.99 for a app upfront, I highly suggest you download Paper, and purchase the "The Complete Set" for just $7.99.
    <infomercial voice> That's a savings of $2!!! <infomercial voice>
    You're 100% correct and I was not aware of that either. Every article I read did not mention that point. They made it seem once you buy everything it was like $50 or something.

Since there was such and outcry each direction I had to download since it was FREE anyway. I did love the flow compared to other drawing programs. I wish there was a erase page option in addition to the wheel, but small issue.

Then I realized the whole program was $8 so I got it. Very nice and enjoy drawing with it compared to other programs. Need to play with my new brush stylus I backed on Kickstarter, have not used it yet, but it is a capacitive paint brush, should be nice for this watercolor program.

Going on vacation in a couple weeks, will play with it more on the beach in Oahu.

Got my Polarized glasses ready to see how it helps on the beach horizontally. (funny how it wipes out the screen when vertical.
    Craig S, Photographer
    ConciergePhoto | ModelMayhem | NWCreativeArts Magazine | "Be Remarkable!"
    ShoeMetheWorld likes this.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by EmceeGeek View Post
    I think it's awesome. Did you use a stylus?
    Thank you! I'm using the Bamboo stylus. I really like the stylus.