Reboot/Restart App?

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I know that most oPhone users feel that rebooting or restarting your iPhone is pointless, and perhaps it is. But as a former BlackBerry user, humor me.... Please.

I am looking for a 1 button app that will reboot my iPhone 4s, to take the place of needing to hold the lock button, then swipe to shut down, then hold the lock button again to restart.

Not sure this is even possible the way Apple does things, but I had to ask. Some habits die hard....

Thanks

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
1. It's not necessary.
2. Not aware of any app
3. What's the point?

The behavior that you describe (and seem bent on re-enacting) is totally unnecessary. The BlackBerry platform was well known and well documented to have huge memory leak issues... and the daily reboot dance was necessary to reclaim that leaked memory. With an un-jailbroken iPhone, there are no memory leak issues to be concerned with. It may be necessary to some extent on a jailbroken iPhone, but I haven't read/seen anything indicating that it's an issue there, either.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
1. It's not necessary.
2. Not aware of any app
3. What's the point?

The behavior that you describe (and seem bent on re-enacting) is totally unnecessary. The BlackBerry platform was well known and well documented to have huge memory leak issues... and the daily reboot dance was necessary to reclaim that leaked memory. With an un-jailbroken iPhone, there are no memory leak issues to be concerned with. It may be necessary to some extent on a jailbroken iPhone, but I haven't read/seen anything indicating that it's an issue there, either.

bingo! when i am jailbroken i am constantly restarting my device and wondering if i should be rebooting as well. when i am stock, neither scenario even crosses my mind

"it just works" -- did i just say that?!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox