Facebook Notifications

SuperECS

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
On my iPhone 4, whenever I get a notification, it shows up on the banner like it is supposed to, but I don't get the little red circle and number of total notifs on the facebook icon. Any ideas on how to fix this?

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the same issue. The only thing i can figure it to be is the new time line. Mine has been acting like this ever since i switched over to timeline

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Facebook app notifications have never been reliable. It's them not you.

I have facebook push notifications disabled and have email alerts set up, they actually work.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
On my iPhone 4, whenever I get a notification, it shows up on the banner like it is supposed to, but I don't get the little red circle and number of total notifs on the facebook icon. Any ideas on how to fix this?

try deleting your FB app, reboot device then download the app again?

SuperECS

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
i uninstalled, rebooted, and re-installed. still having the issue. my personal theory? facebook changes their coding so much causing apps to not work properly. and then we all say apple can't make a good app. facebook is the real culprit here :)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Facebook has never been stable on any mobile platform. There is nothing you can do to fix it, the issues are on their end.

Knurpsi

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
thanks for posting the links! :) Glad to know I'm not the only one having those notification problems.
Until it's resolved, I switched to email notifications for the time being.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods