SlingPlayer for iPad vs SlingPlayer Mobile

nutflush920

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both have the iPhone 4 and original iPad. We both plan to upgrade to the iPhone 5 and iPad 3 this year. I've purchased SlingPlayer Mobile and put it on all 4 devices. Is it worth paying another $30 for the dedicated SlingPlayer for iPad app or should I save the money and continue just using SlingPlayer Mobile in 2X mode on the iPad?

We also have a couple Apple TV 2's in our house and a SlingCatcher. From what I've read, I could use the SlingPlayer app via AirPlay to the AppleTV 2's eliminating the need for the SlingCatcher. This would allow me to sell the SlingCatcher for a huge profit over what I paid for it since they no longer make it. Is this a safe assumption on my part or should I just keep the SlingCatcher?

nutflush920

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Ended up buying the app however, when using AirPlay the AppleTV spins when trying to do any remote command. It's fine once playing, just don't expect to change the channel or anything.

Maybe it's because I have the iPad 1 and maybe it will get better with the iPad 3? I hope

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2