Notetaking apps?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Just bought [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/noteledge/id483101556?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Noteledge.[/URL]

This app seems to offer a lot, but I was wondering what you guys use on the iPad?

bujin

May 15, 2009
Visit site
I used Evernote for years. Just switched to the built-in notes, and use Dropbox for anything that's not text .

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see this thread as I'm planning on getting my first iPad when the iPad 3 comes out etc.

I currently use Evernote on my iMac and iPhone, but I've looked at Notability, Notes Plus, and WritePad on their respective web sites and it's hard to determine which is best and/or most suitable for my purposes once I'm using an iPad. I mainly want a handwriting app, but, naturally, it would be nice to have one that does it all! So, does anyone have enough experience with these (or others I might have missed) to compare them? Thanks!

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I've been happily using Noteshelf. Exports to Evernote or PDF attachment for email. I might look at Notability again based on the above posts, though.

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been using noteshelf. I have notability and gave it another shot after the update. It has some cool features but after a couple hours I went back to noteshelf.

edm60

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Try one called zoomnotes. It works differently to all the other notetakers I have tried, in that it offers an infinite zoom - so essentially you can write or draw anywhere at any zoom scale. Once you have used this feature the other notetakers seem very constraining.

iNotes4You

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
A good way to take notes is to use a mind mapping app because you can later assign a structure to your notes.
Many students use iThoughts from Craig Scott, UK during lessons.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Using Notebook+ (free) for about two weeks.
Simple, easy.
Colored fonts,
Abitlity to insert photos
and email.

Good Luck

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Try one called zoomnotes. It works differently to all the other notetakers I have tried, in that it offers an infinite zoom - so essentially you can write or draw anywhere at any zoom scale. Once you have used this feature the other notetakers seem very constraining.

On your recommendation, I got this yesterday. Niiiiiice! I really like the way it works!

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Are most of you saying there are other Note taking apps better than Evernote, that offers sync and access from Windows?

I'm now curious. I need something for I.T. notes that I typically need on the fly, hence I was using Evernote.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Has Evernote satisfied your note taking needs thus far? If so, you may find the Drafts app to be a great companion for it. You can fire up the Drafts app and immediately begin typing whatever it is you want to transcribe. Afterwards, you can send your notes to Evernote, Dropbox, or wherever.

CardsFan314

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I use Notability. I would use the native app, if offered the ability to insert pictures.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk