System Monitor

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the system monitor app based on the press it got and reviews and really I am not too impressed. I mean, this app really doesn't do anything but spit out data. I was hoping for something that actually improved performance without me having to do anything. I am also confused now more than ever by the impact of keeping apps open. I always thought it really didn't affect anything but it is obvious from the app that it uses a ton of memory. The kicker is I really don't see a performance difference when I kill all my apps, which you should actually be able to do inside this app as well, but you can't. At what point are you gonna run out of memory, it maxes out when I open 10 apps, but if I leave open all 175 app it stays at the same place which tells me leaving the apps open don't really do anything.

What is also puzzling me is the functionality of the battery tab ... I mean, I could just turn on the setting to show battery percentage if that is what I wanted to see. What impact does adjusting the health and low battery sliders have anyway, I can't figure it out. Also, why not also say time remaining instead of just time to charge. That would be more useful to me.

Lastly a tutorial for the layman would be helpful i.e. CPU load? What the hell does this even mean and what impact does it have on the phone. The last tab is completely useless and provides nothing that the everyday user would actually care about?

joe_run

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the system monitor app based on the press it got and reviews and really I am not too impressed. I mean, this app really doesn't do anything but spit out data. I was hoping for something that actually improved performance without me having to do anything. I am also confused now more than ever by the impact of keeping apps open. I always thought it really didn't affect anything but it is obvious from the app that it uses a ton of memory. The kicker is I really don't see a performance difference when I kill all my apps, which you should actually be able to do inside this app as well, but you can't. At what point are you gonna run out of memory, it maxes out when I open 10 apps, but if I leave open all 175 app it stays at the same place which tells me leaving the apps open don't really do anything.

What is also puzzling me is the functionality of the battery tab ... I mean, I could just turn on the setting to show battery percentage if that is what I wanted to see. What impact does adjusting the health and low battery sliders have anyway, I can't figure it out. Also, why not also say time remaining instead of just time to charge. That would be more useful to me.

Lastly a tutorial for the layman would be helpful i.e. CPU load? What the hell does this even mean and what impact does it have on the phone. The last tab is completely useless and provides nothing that the everyday user would actually care about?

First please take a look at the demo video here: System Monitor Review - YouTube That should clarify most of your queries.

The purpose of this App is to free as much memory as possible which was not reclaimed back to iOS, when other Apps were minimized, which means Apps would run slow when memory is not freed. The freeing happens automatically after 5 seconds of staying on the memory tab.

All the tabs give useful information about the device. It is up to the user on how they use them. May be not all of them need all the info. But a lot of our users have found each of the tab helpful in one way or the other, as can be seen from the reviews itself.

A sample of them below:
"Easy to view and understand, even for technophones. Keeps me from slowing down my phone with needless apps."

- by Staciciali

"If your iPhone is running slow, or is hanging up while playing Risk or Monoploy, punch up this excellent app which mimics the gadget on Windows 7. Instantly know by easy-to-read dials when to free memory, etc! Then you can use whatever memory-freeing app you have to speed up your system! Cool!"

- by NIK Deac

"The best and easiest app out there for really knowing what's happening in this little box."
- by Dkievit

"Shows how much battery, CPU, and how many running processes you have."
- by Victortheawesomest

"App has more features than expected & pretty useful.. I deleted other power apps after using this one."
- by Charged & happy

"I deleted other(similar)apps & only use this! I'm very satisfied with it."
- by poppabarry

"It tells you the last time you started your device. Awesome!!!!!"
- by Eli Vegh

"Great app! A++! specially handy is the server ip address, I never remember it."
- by GnomeR-us

"I like the simple interface and way it offers needed info and not a bunch of random junk."
- by Brian the Bee

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
First please take a look at the demo video here: System Monitor Review - YouTube That should clarify most of your queries.

The purpose of this App is to free as much memory as possible which was not reclaimed back to iOS, when other Apps were minimized, which means Apps would run slow when memory is not freed. The freeing happens automatically after 5 seconds of staying on the memory tab.

All the tabs give useful information about the device. It is up to the user on how they use them. May be not all of them need all the info. But a lot of our users have found each of the tab helpful in one way or the other, as can be seen from the reviews itself.

A sample of them below:
"Easy to view and understand, even for technophones. Keeps me from slowing down my phone with needless apps."

- by Staciciali

"If your iPhone is running slow, or is hanging up while playing Risk or Monoploy, punch up this excellent app which mimics the gadget on Windows 7. Instantly know by easy-to-read dials when to free memory, etc! Then you can use whatever memory-freeing app you have to speed up your system! Cool!"

- by NIK Deac

"The best and easiest app out there for really knowing what's happening in this little box."
- by Dkievit

"Shows how much battery, CPU, and how many running processes you have."
- by Victortheawesomest

"App has more features than expected & pretty useful.. I deleted other power apps after using this one."
- by Charged & happy

"I deleted other(similar)apps & only use this! I'm very satisfied with it."
- by poppabarry

"It tells you the last time you started your device. Awesome!!!!!"
- by Eli Vegh

"Great app! A++! specially handy is the server ip address, I never remember it."
- by GnomeR-us

"I like the simple interface and way it offers needed info and not a bunch of random junk."
- by Brian the Bee

thanks for the reply. I watched the video, but it didn't really tell me anything I didn't know. I am a power user and was hoping for a little bit more of a granular explanation for information in the bar graphs, etc. Perhaps a help or info mention included on each tab that explains in detail. The only action I ever took after looking at this app was to close apps to improve speed. Over time, I have found when my phone is running slow, to just close apps instead of going into the app to tell me something I already know and then closing apps. My point being, if you know the only action to help improve speed that you will ever really take as a result of looking at the app will be to close your apps, why even waste your time going into the app? Just close your apps.

joe_run

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the reply. I watched the video, but it didn't really tell me anything I didn't know. I am a power user and was hoping for a little bit more of a granular explanation for information in the bar graphs, etc. Perhaps a help or info mention included on each tab that explains in detail. The only action I ever took after looking at this app was to close apps to improve speed. Over time, I have found when my phone is running slow, to just close apps instead of going into the app to tell me something I already know and then closing apps. My point being, if you know the only action to help improve speed that you will ever really take as a result of looking at the app will be to close your apps, why even waste your time going into the app? Just close your apps.

We shall be sending you more detailed explanation of graphs. The purpose of the App is "It frees memory". Just closing apps will not do it. A lot of Apps, though it is in minimized state or closed fully, might have not released memory completely, and the iOS would not reclaim it back soon enough for the users to start using other apps. So even after closing Apps, you have to open the app and keep it in that memory screen for 5 secs(as shown in the video) which is when you get the full benefit of reclaiming unused memory of other Apps that were either closed or minimized.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner