Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default Looking for: Best cloud storage camera roll alternative app?

I've run into a problem - I keep using up too much space on my iPhone from my camera roll-particularly with the iPhone 4S now shooting 8mp stills and 1080p video. What is a good app for storing my camera roll in the cloud? It would be great if I could locally store low-resolution compressed stills on my iPhone for quick access and then if I need higher resolution simply download the full resolution copy. The key here is I want it to be quick to use like the camera roll app on the iPhone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My web hosting service gives me essentially unlimited storage space so if I can take advantage of that instead of paying for a service it would be great. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

My "signature" for now until I have enough posts to have a real one:
    iPhone 4S 5.0.1
    iPad 1 iOS 4 (jailbroken)
    iPhone 3GS iOS 4 (jailbroken)
    Macbook Pro 2.4ghz C2D (2008, pre-unibody), 4gb ram, 10.7.2
    Last edited by SalilSundresh; 01-11-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    iMore Beginner

68 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

lifehacker usually has good articles like this, hopefully it will help:

How to Roll Your Own Instant Photo Upload on Android and iOS
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Just had a look at the link mentioned above and i completely agree with Remmy. CameraSync is the perfect alternative choice to store your media files through IOS and you can use it with DropBox. Dropbox is ridiculously easy. Just open it up, plug in your Dropbox account, and start snapping pictures. When you open up CameraSync, it'll upload your camera roll to Dropbox, and every time you open it up after the first, it'll check only for new photos and upload them as well. You can choose what size photo it uploads, set it to upload on Wi-Fi only, and much more.

Source: Dropbox | Dropbox Reviews | Dropbox Cloud Storage