Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Best Bedside App??

Hey everyone! In coming from Android, and before that, Blackberry, one of the things I miss is the ability to have a bedside mode of sorts that shows the clock when I plug my phone in at night. I was wondering what the community here feels is the best bedside app?

I'd like an app that has a feature to dim the clock pretty well because I do tend to be a light sleeper so the less bright, the better. I'd also like to know if there's one that has symbols that pop up if you get a notification overnight to let you know something's there, but that's not a total dealbreaker. Any recommendations that you could make would be awesome! Thanks so much!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Default Re: Best Bedside App??

You know when you search for a nightstand clock you get a lot of alarm clocks, some with proximity sensors, some with weather, landscape views, timed music designed to put you to sleep etc, etc.
    After a lot of searching I finally found one that was easy to see but did not illuminate the whole room because it's red. It has big numerals on a black background and a swipe action to dim. It does not have an alarm but then I already have an alarm. You can buy others colours but red is perfect because it does not disturb my night vision and best of all, the free version doesn't have any ads (yet). It's called Nite Time.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    7,094 Global Posts

Try Dock Clock
    Multiple faces
    Dims
    Stays on all night
    Good Luck
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Rod Sprague, so the other colours are only available as IAP? Shucks. Would like to try it, but there's something about red light that always makes me irrationally uneasy.