TrueCaller ID

Striem

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Good evening every iLover out there! Hope you're satisfied with your iDevice just like I am. Anyway, I would like to hear what you guys think about our new update of TrueCaller,

I post this message as we, TrueCaller, has released a huge update of our Caller ID application. This is the first application for iPhone that blocks and notifies you against spam calls without the need of jailbreak. I am proud to say that we have been awarded with the ?Golden Mobile 2011? for the best utility application so we hope that more than us will enjoy our application.

As a short explanation the application blocks incoming calls and notifies you before you answer your phone. With a database containing over 1.000.000 reported spam numbers where 260.000 numbers are in the United States you receive a notification that indicates that the number emerge from an unsupported source and you can choose wether or not you would like to answer.

Except for the Caller ID and the filter TrueCaller also provide a powerful number search that is worldwide. With lots of number to search for you are most likely to find what you are looking for. On top of that you can also update your phone book with TrueCaller. All available information from social networks around the internet will help you to add birthday, profile picture and much more to your contacts and sparingly no information is removed or replaced, just added.

You guys that have used TrueCaller before, please give us feedback! What do you think about the new update so on and so forth. What can we improve? For everyone else, please try TrueCaller and make yourself heard :)

You'll find TrueCaller in App Store and iTunes :)

Thank you very much!

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Good question. That was the reason i jailbroke my iphone 3gs.. Really looking to have a real call block app..

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Near as I can tell from their website, when a call comes in, the app will pull the caller-ID info, and do a web look-up to their database, and return whatever info they have one it... and if there's no info, and it's an 'unwanted caller' - you can identify it as being a "spam" caller for future reference - if not in real-time, via selecting the number in some kind of history, and marking it as "spam" for future reference. If I didn't already have iBlacklist - I'd try this one out.

Striem

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
As a matter of fact @Guacho you can add numbers to block, you don't have to just rely on our database :)!

Under the Call Filter we have added a button that says "Add Number". The good thing about that is that if it's a seller the number will be integrated in our database as well which will help other users.

Hope you'll enjoy! And as I said, please give us feedback!

Striem

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Exactly!

When you receive a call that is black listed TrueCaller will list the incoming call as "blocked by TrueCaller" and you will see a TrueCaller logo (which you can change if you want). After that it is up to you if you want to pick up the phone or not :)

And to clarifie, this blacklist is the one that you can edit on your own and add numbers that's not listed in our database.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Ok. I downloaded it but I'm not really happy about that, it's does not block calls, what it does is show the numbers you add as spam but the call actually gets through and the phone rings... I dont see the point really !!!

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Exactly!

When you receive a call that is black listed TrueCaller will list the incoming call as "blocked by TrueCaller" and you will see a TrueCaller logo (which you can change if you want). After that it is up to you if you want to pick up the phone or not :)

And to clarifie, this blacklist is the one that you can edit on your own and add numbers that's not listed in our database.

I'm certain I dont want to receive calls from a spam number I add to my list so the choice is useless to me..

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I downloaded it but I'm not really happy about that, it's does not block calls, what it does is show the numbers you add as spam but the call actually gets through and the phone rings... I dont see the point really !!!

This is exactly the reason I didn't bother with it. Though I like the spam database of numbers. But as you said if it still rings what's the point. Same as a non contact number calling. I just send it to vm and if it's important they'll leave a message.

I am just waiting for a 4S jailbreak and I will just go back to iBlacklist.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

lallousa16

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
truecaller is not blocking calls on iphone4

hi all
i have iphone 4 and i have installed truecaller after i add a number to be blocked and this number call me it shows me on the screen that this call is blocked by true caller but it is ringing normally on the caller side so it is not working, is there any advice?

gauravbanka

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I installed and activated the caller ID feature on Trucaller on my iphone 5S, but it just doesnt work. I have provided access to photos, location and everything else mentioned by Trucaller. Have had multiple email exchanges with Trucaller and even they cant seem to figure out the issue.

Would really appreciate if someone can help?

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
@Striem - do you have answers to the above concerns. Otherwise, if calls still go through, it's a useless app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2