How to backup game saves?

cinco312

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to backup game save files? I'm running low on space and have a few games I want to delete, but I don't wanna lose all my progress. What's the best and simplest way to do this?

jackgrant1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Backup game saves

Sometimes when you restore your iPhone or iOS devices in iTunes, game saves and high scores mysteriously go missing. With this tweak, you'll be sure never to lose another precious, hard-earned high score again, the iPhone Download Blog reports.

Follow our quick guide for a summary of how to do it:

Use iPhone Explorer (freeware for Windows and Mac) to start browsing your iPhone's hidden files
Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iPhone Explorer
Expand the folder called "Apps" and find the app you're trying to back up
Expand the folder of the app, then find its "Documents" folder. This folder contains your game saves and high scores
Copy the "Documents" folder to a safe place on your computer

iPhone Backup Game Data

from the iPhone Download Blog

And that's it! If you ever lose your high scores or game saves for something you've backed up using this method, simply copy the Documents folder you have in safe keeping back onto your iOS device back where you originally found it.

Be careful, though---who knows how app file systems will change when developers update them or add new content. So as a rule of thumb, try to only restore your game save backups on the same version of the app it started from. In other words, if you lost data in an app and are still trying to get it back, don't update it!

cinco312

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes when you restore your iPhone or iOS devices in iTunes, game saves and high scores mysteriously go missing. With this tweak, you'll be sure never to lose another precious, hard-earned high score again, the iPhone Download Blog reports.

Follow our quick guide for a summary of how to do it:

Use iPhone Explorer (freeware for Windows and Mac) to start browsing your iPhone's hidden files
Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iPhone Explorer
Expand the folder called "Apps" and find the app you're trying to back up
Expand the folder of the app, then find its "Documents" folder. This folder contains your game saves and high scores
Copy the "Documents" folder to a safe place on your computer

iPhone Backup Game Data

from the iPhone Download Blog

And that's it! If you ever lose your high scores or game saves for something you've backed up using this method, simply copy the Documents folder you have in safe keeping back onto your iOS device back where you originally found it.

Be careful, though---who knows how app file systems will change when developers update them or add new content. So as a rule of thumb, try to only restore your game save backups on the same version of the app it started from. In other words, if you lost data in an app and are still trying to get it back, don't update it!

Will this work on non jailbroken devices?
I hope it does, it sounds very promising. Thanks for that!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73