Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Question Cannot get Viber access code to work iPhone 4s

Hi! I'm in Japan and have just recently obtained a brandnew iPhone 4s. Would very much like to use Viber on it. Have installed Viber several times. Why several times? Because I cannot get an access code to get it working so I try reinstalling to see if that will help. It doesn't.
    I have set Viber up as a PUSH application. In fact, I've set up ALL the applications that can be set as push apps as push apps to see if that might help.
    Anyway, in set up for Viber, I get told I'll get an access code by sms --wait 60 seconds for it and it doesn't come. So I push "no code" and have sometimes gotten a phone call that says absolutely nothing -- just silence. In other words, no access code there too.
    What else can I do??? I've tried waiting 24 hours and more and still the same thing. Can the viber team just tell me send me by email the access code that will fit my phone number in Japan. Help, please!
    iMore Pro

Viber support is quite good. Contact them directly.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Smile Thanks!

Thanks, I'll do that.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Nanite

Exclamation Been there, done that

Well, the long and short of it that I went to Viber Support (as recommended, thanks very much, Tim), went through their check list (again), but did not succeed in getting any farther than I have in the past several days. So, the situation continues to remain: I cannot get an access code.
    I'm wondering -- is this unique to me in Japan? Are other iPhone users in Japan finding Viber is difficult or impossible to get functioning in this country? Are the two corporations handling iPhones here (in Japan) somehow making it "difficult" to get access codes from Viber? I'm beginning to wonder...
    In any case, for those of you out there in this big-small world, through what app does the sms message with the Viber access code come to your iPhone?
    Does anyone know an email address for Viber support?
    Any suggestions other than wait 24 hours and try again?
    iMore Pro

Use their "Ask Viber Tech Support" links for help. They will get back to you within a day typically via email
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Nanite

Red face Thanks

Thanks again, Tim, for the tip.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Hi,
    This is a member of Viber's development team.

@Fredaru - We have recently implemented major upgrades to our routing system and we are aware that within some regions of the Japan, users are receiving the voice activation callback without the activation code. Rest assured, we are working on this 24/7. We apologize for this temporary setback. We recommend that you continue trying, once every 24 hours. Superb product quality and user satisfaction are paramount to us and we thank you for your patience.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Now that's service

@dp_scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Technology is not enough.
    Steve Jobs

iPhone 4S 16gb
    iPad 2 16gb Wi-Fi + 3G White

Twitter.com/dp_scott
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

It's our pleasure to be of help
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iPhone Nanite

Smile Thank you, Viber!

Thanks so much, Viber. I've now got my Viber access code. If I'm not mistaken, one of your team phoned me and left a message (since I wasn't available at the time) with my access code. Talk about great service! Thanks so much!
    Go, Viber, go!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Hi,

As we replied in the other forum, please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). If this doesn't help, contact our support team at support.viber.com and give them the details of the problem.
    iPhone Nanite

Default viber blackberries

Hi

I am from Dubai, UAE I have download viber on blackberries, and I was suppose to recive the access code through SMS but not I didn't recive it yet.

What I should do to recive the code? Any1 could help

Thanks
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by @viber only View Post
    Hi

I am from Dubai, UAE I have download viber on blackberries, and I was suppose to recive the access code through SMS but not I didn't recive it yet.

What I should do to recive the code? Any1 could help

Thanks
    Hi,
    I apologize for my delayed response.

Usually, our suggestion for users with this problem is to try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). If this doesn't help, contact our support team at and give them the details of the problem.

However, since I saw you are located in the UAE, then please be aware that the authorities in your country have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that is probably why you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help
    Try contacting the authorities and ask for the reason for this block.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by ViberTeam View Post
    It's our pleasure to be of help
    Hi Viber Team,

hope you could help me as well, im living in dubai and just got my ipad 3. When I tried to set-up the viber, i did not received the access code from my mobile (as it says wait for 60 sec)..however when i press "No code?" button, the site is blocked and cannot proceed further. Can somebody help me how can I get the access code so I can use the viber app on my ipad?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marilyn85 View Post
    Hi Viber Team,

hope you could help me as well, im living in dubai and just got my ipad 3. When I tried to set-up the viber, i did not received the access code from my mobile (as it says wait for 60 sec)..however when i press "No code?" button, the site is blocked and cannot proceed further. Can somebody help me how can I get the access code so I can use the viber app on my ipad?
    Hi,

The authorities in the UAE have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that is why you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help
    iPhone Nanite

Unhappy viber access code cannot receive in viewpad

hi...im just new here
    and saw this thread for not receiving access code for viber..many times clicking the button of not receiving in 60 seconds the access code and saying that it has been blocked here in uae..but as per the news update that it was still on use and not blocked by the etisalat....would love to hear from the management on how to get the access code...i am terribly missing my daughter's lovely voice saying i love you mommy! please help me.....thanks in advance....
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minarivera View Post
    hi...im just new here
    and saw this thread for not receiving access code for viber..many times clicking the button of not receiving in 60 seconds the access code and saying that it has been blocked here in uae..but as per the news update that it was still on use and not blocked by the etisalat....would love to hear from the management on how to get the access code...i am terribly missing my daughter's lovely voice saying i love you mommy! please help me.....thanks in advance....
    The block in the UAE prevents not only receiving Viber's code, but also the usage of Viber's service itself. This means that even if you receive the code, Viber won't function at all in the UAE, unfortunately
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts

Hi Viber Team,

In my girlfriend's case, she is currently disputing some pretty outrageous charges on her cell phone bill. Her service has been disconnected, however she can still use certain features when connected to wifi. She tried installing Viber but she couldn't receive her access code via SMS or 24 hr call back. Is there any other way she can get her code?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by demonio View Post
    Hi Viber Team,

In my girlfriend's case, she is currently disputing some pretty outrageous charges on her cell phone bill. Her service has been disconnected, however she can still use certain features when connected to wifi. She tried installing Viber but she couldn't receive her access code via SMS or 24 hr call back. Is there any other way she can get her code?
    First, as explained above, please make sure your country isn't blocking Viber (because this is a possible reason for the inability to register to Viber).

If this isn't the case here, please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). If this doesn't help, contact our support team at and give them the details of the problem.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Cannot get Viber access code

guys i cannot access viber
    and no sms recieved
    and they are also not contacting meee as on automative call

- - - Updated - - -

wat should i do now

- - - Updated - - -

viber team this is ma no so please accept it 00966543474301
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Hi @saadkhan97 -

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options).

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

We see that you are located in Saudi Arabia.

Note that we've been suspected that the authorities in Saudi Arabia have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that may be why you are experiencing this issue. If this is the case, then unfortunately there is not much we can do to help
    iPhone Nanite

hello. yesterday I uninstall my viber . today it doesnt access activate code. tryed many times but nothing. in sms one code in call another but no one is right..reinstalles it some times.. in another phone same problem. dont access both codes from sms and call. Im from Lithuania.. will try to wait tommorow..

- - - Updated - - -

hello. yesterday I uninstall my viber . today it doesnt access activate code. tryed many times but nothing. in sms one code in call another but no one is right..reinstalles it some times.. in another phone same problem. dont access both codes from sms and call. Im from Lithuania.. will try to wait tommorow..
    iPhone Nanite

Im in Romania now, and i have Serbian card in my mobile,and because its new card I dont have roming yet..and because of that I cant receive message or call, and because of that I cant receive viber code.. Is there samo other way to receive viber code?
    iPhone Nanite

hi and sorry if i disturb.i live at Greece and yesterday i uninstall viber and after installing it the code at sms was wrong the same at voice call.i uninstall it again and installed it but nothing.today i tried again but same message invalid code.i tried tou contact at support but there were no an email or a phone number to contact directlly.please help me

- - - Updated - - -

hi and sorry if i disturb.i live at Greece and yesterday i uninstall viber and after installing it the code at sms was wrong the same at voice call.i uninstall it again and installed it but nothing.today i tried again but same message invalid code.i tried tou contact at support but there were no an email or a phone number to contact directlly.please help me
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Hi all,

Viber system is currently experiencing connectivity issues. This is related to our hosting provider (Amazon) that is having a major problem that also affects many other services worldwide.

Amazon is on it, and we hope that with their help we'll be able to restore Viber's service soon.

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all,

Viber system is currently experiencing connectivity issues. This is related to our hosting provider (Amazon) that is having a major problem that also affects many other services worldwide.

Amazon is on it, and we hope that with their help we'll be able to restore Viber's service soon.

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast