Flipboard for iPhone

FendrGuitPlayr

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I first saw this on a friend's Ipad 2, so when I heard about the app being available
for iPhone, I made my way to the iTunes store and got it. At first there were some issues,
but the Flipboard support team was speedy to resolve the issues and it's working fine now.

After seeing it on iPad and flipping left to right, it was refreshing to see the flippping from
up to down on the iPhone app.

One of the coolest apps I've seen!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Still fine tuning my settings, but it looks like a pretty sweet app for someone (like me) who is constantly bouncing from Safari to Facebook to Twitter and back.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I downloaded it on both my iPad 2 and 4S... haven't used it or heard about it until the TiPb.com blog post. Will try and use it eventually.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Funny, in a lot of ways it reminds me of IntelliScreenX for non-jailbroken phones. RSS, FB, Twitter...

One question: is there a way to move Cover Stories off the front page? I'm guessing no since it's called COVER stories?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i was thinking the same, Massie. currently i am stock and this is a very nice replacement of ISX

i have also been looking for a way to remove Cover Stories but that may be the jailbreaker in us talking!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
anyone else getting the "Couldn't refresh" error?

seems to be happening ever since late last night for me

edit: seems to have been my wireless router, which i have reset and all is good

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
anyone else able to get their FB 'subscription' feeds to show up?

having a little trouble here..

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
If I could reply directly to a tweet, this would be perfect, but it has replaced Pulse as my news aggregate of choice. Beautiful ui and a universal binary. All around awesome.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I kinda wish it had a little more twitter and Facebook integration. If I could completely remove the apps and just use flipboard it would be a dream come true.

Is there any particular way to choose what news you want? My technology news all comes from tech crunch and Engadget which I'm not a particular fan of either....

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i too am wishing there was better FB and Twitter integration

also, i have been looking since yesterday and have found no way to add/remove specific news feeds

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you want to edit a source in a feed, tap their icon at lower left, then the silhouette icon?then you can at least hide them from the feed.

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it on my iPad2 since it came out and am very impressed by the responsiveness of the app. I'm waiting for Christmas before I can try it on my 4S that'll be under the tree.

BTW, I tried the new Google Currents yesterday which is rather FlipBoard'ish and was not impressed. While it is similar, I didn't find the UI as nice nor the subscription methodology. Just my 2 cents.

Rgds/Mark M.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
still have not found a way to see/add my subscribed accounts within the FB feed. emailed support 4 days ago and no answer

app deleted.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2