What's the best app I'm not using?

anon(536616)

Jun 4, 2006
Visit site
I know this is an impossible question given you don't know what apps I have loaded on my iPhone 4s, but the point here is to find that great app that a lot of people don't necessarily know about.

This isn't yet another list of your favorite apps (necessarily). We all know about Angry Birds, Instagram, Dropbox, Facebook, and InfinityBlade2. And of course we all know about he built-in apps.

What's the greatest app (or even just a really good app) that you found that you would highly recommend to others? The only rule for this is that it IS NOT currently in the top 50 list on iTunes or one that comes with iOS.

I'm looking for that hidden gem that would likely go undiscovered without a thread like this. The stuff that isn't in the top 25 or 50 list in iTunes and likely never will be, but it's an awesome app regardless.

Because, who doesn't love finding a great new app after all?

And, it wouldn't be fair to start this without contributing myself so I'll add a couple of the more obscure apps that I have been really happy with.

Indeed Job Search (free): This app provides a search that covers several job sites. So, you put in your info once and it will search for jobs over several services.

Soldier Knows Best (free): This is really just an app that connects you to YouTube videos but if you like watching product reviews, unboxings, and the like, this aggregates videos from newest to oldest and is updated regularly. This isn't a pitch for Soldier's videos; it's just a convenient way to watch tech stuff.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
What about Pulse for news? I love it. Not sure if it's in the top 50 but I don't think it's really popular. It's got a great UI, Google Reader integration (not syncing) and can upload to EverNote or Read it Later.

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
i would add:

Wake Smarter - app that allows you to use iphone as an alarm clock. can wake up to a variety of
different sources (weather, news, traffic, songs from your playlist etc0

Icatcher - app that collects all your podcasts in one place..

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
A majority of the time that I'm on my iPad, I'm using [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ithoughtshd-mindmapping/id369020033?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]iThoughtsHD[/URL]. I use it in all of my classes, and the mind-mapping style of note taking has had a huge impact on my studies. Of all the apps that I have on my iPhone and iPad, that's the one that I would miss the most if I didn't have it anymore.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh