Hey, I decided to start a list with all the apps that are affected by "push notifications don't work", to warn people to avoid them until there is a fix. So please share your experience. Thanks
Here is mine:
- Facebook is the winner - no notifications at all - not one, anywhere! I noticed that when I leave it working in the background it shows some badges.
- CNN - only visual but the sound doesn't work
- New York Times - same as CNN - no sound
- LA Times - again, no sound
- Times - same
Actually the only one 3rd party app that is working entirely is Skype. Weird, huh?!
P.S. I'm not sure why you have moved the topic - it could well be a iOS 5' problem, not an apps one.
FB worked... then didnt.. then it made triple sounds (like it would studder on the start of the sounds)
- uninstalled, reboot, re-install, reboot. seems better except that it always tells me there is a notification (when i open it) even though there isnt.
i think even BB's fb worked better than this,.... sheesh.