Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

5 Posts

Default Flashlight Apps Not working

I hope I'm posting this question in the right place. I have downloaded several flashlight apps and I can't get any of them to work. I feel as though I had one that was working before I upgraded to iOS5. None of the apps give me a "steady" beam of light they all just flash, flicker or strobe. I have a feeling it's a user error on my part or something I have done to my phone settings. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    iPhone Intermediate

204 Posts
    Global Posts
    629 Global Posts

It's possible that the apps you have tried haven't been updated to support iOS 5; have you tried LED Flashlight by Nick Vellios? It seems to work fine for me on my iPhone 4.
    iMore Genius

5,041 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,046 Global Posts

This is the one I use, and though it does work well (and gives you a selection of steady light or strobe effects) I'm not ashamed to admit that I also settled on it because it actually has a pretty decent icon, unlike most flashlight apps.

iPhone Pro

565 Posts
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts

I just use a free one called flashlight. I think it has a sun image next to it in the app store.
    It's free and works great. A steady light or strobe effect. It has a bar with a slide across it to adjust it.
    A large button to turn the light on and off.