Tapatalk

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I went through 6 pages of forums and didn't find this, so sorry if it's an old topic. Can someone tell me what this app does before I buy it? I hate loading up my phone with useless stuff or stuff I stop using after a week.

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Basically just transforms forums to fit the iPhone/iPad view. I was skeptical too when I first tried it and now it's the only app I use to view forums.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I love Tapatalk and use it a lot for quick access to other boards besides this one. I like being able to lock the app as well as the ability to change the colors. Here are a few screenshots that I took:

60e331a7-fc2e-1f3a.jpg

60e331a7-fc3b-ff07.jpg

60e331a7-fc48-7c27.jpg

60e331a7-fc58-b8bd.jpg

60e331a7-fc94-dddb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
So what's the advantage of having this app vs. using the mobile versions of the websites? Just curious.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So what's the advantage of having this app vs. using the mobile versions of the websites? Just curious.

Not all messaging boards have a mobile site. As to which is better, I believe that is a matter of personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

The advantage is if you are a part of many different forums, it allows you to access them all from one location as opposed to going to each site and entering your credentials every time.

Think of it as one stop shopping. Instead of going to a bunch of different stores for your groceries, you go to one store and get them all.

Sent from my iPhone communication device using Tapatalk

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
It's optimized for a small screen a lot better than looking at your forums in Safari, too. No pesky ads.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, though- i can't reply from Tapatalk. It only gives me the option of Open in Safari.

rmkilc

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind the forum you want to view has to support Tapatalk for Tapatalk to work.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It's optimized for a small screen a lot better than looking at your forums in Safari, too. No pesky ads.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, though- i can't reply from Tapatalk. It only gives me the option of Open in Safari.

Check to make sure that you are still logged into the forum from the app. The only time I get this is if I've been logged out.

Reactions: Nanci

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind the forum you want to view has to support Tapatalk for Tapatalk to work.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using Tapatalk

True but a lot of forums are these days. For those that aren't a simple request to the sites admin is usually enough for them to enable TapaTalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner