App for adding captions to photos?

tedwang

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm kind of shocked I haven't found an app that can add captions to photos. Actually I'm surprised that Apple's own photo app doesn't do this.

I don't mean a caption ON the photo -- more in the metadata.

This is so I can keep track of what I'm taking a photo of. And I don't want to have to share it on Facebook or Twitter to caption the photo.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ted

mOOncOw interactive

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Funny ...

We just released this app for tagging photos yesterday, synching them with the photo library and sending them per email or as a PDF file - because we also found it missing up to now :).

Check it out here:

[URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iphotonote/id464239432?mt=&at=10l3Vy]iPhotoNote[/URL]

PS: No spamming / advertising intended, it just somehow fits this post ...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Photogene2 can do this with a massive amount of options if you buy the Pro pack:

Author
Author Title
Title
Caption
Writer/Editor
Date Created
Category
Credit
Headline
Copyright
Contact
Instructions
Source
Keyword
City
Sub-location
State
Country Name
Country Code
Transmission Ref
Supplemental Category

(You can also define the defaults for all of those so you don't have to enter them every time.)

pixon123

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Photogene2 can do this with a massive amount of options if you buy the Pro pack:

Author
Author Title
Title
Caption
Writer/Editor
Date Created
Category
Credit
Headline
Copyright
Contact
Instructions
Source
Keyword
City
Sub-location
State
Country Name
Country Code
Transmission Ref
Supplemental Category

(You can also define the defaults for all of those so you don't have to enter them every time.)

is this app free or paid version.. however thnx for your info
signature_demo.jpg

mobileapp

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
As per my exp; I am adding image captions aren?t supported at the moment, but we're looking to add it in a future update. Please keep sharing insight.

stisun

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the same needs to keep track of images on my iPad4, and this may be a good app. But I also copy (historic) images from a PC to the iPad that I take to people to get comments on, and need to connect their comments directly to the specific image. When the caption is saved I need to copy the image back to my PC with caption intact.

Will this app also add IPTC to scanned JPG files that has no IPTC properties data (yet), or only to camera made JPGs?

Susi Breit

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
try iMetaPhoto, a cool app, you can edit a lot of IPTC, EXIF, GPS-Tags. Caption, Keywords, Category, a.s.o. can be used for searches, generation foto albums, a.s.o.
Multiselect (multiedit) is supported too.
Have a try.

rick7072

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Picking this thread up two years later, I'm wondering if the OP found an iPad photo app that you're happy with that allows you to edit and display captions. Am looking for the same thing but need to display captions of up to 256 characters along with the photo.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
There you go, You just have to come to the right place like this forum to ask and you get what you ask for. Good luck choosing one. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73