Facebook App Notifications?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Howdy all!

So I currently have the Facebook app for iPhone/iPod and iPad installed on all of my devices. My iPhone was getting Facebook notifications perfectly for the past week or so. Today, it decided it doesn't want to work anymore.

My iPod Touch and iPad still get the notifications almost instantly, but my iPhone won't work. I have a 4S if it makes a difference. Any suggestions to get this fixed? Also, I already checked the settings for the Facebook app and they are set to on.

Thanks for the help!

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. It does seem to work ok as long as I don't kill the Facebook app or remove it from fast app switching.

Steve28

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, Facebook notifications have never been reliable on any combo of iPhone/OS. Ever. They are notoriously bad in this aspect.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The Facebook app for iPhone (and any phone honestly) is one of the most poorly developed/kept up apps on the markets...there are so many users for it, and so much money going into it, you'd think it would be perfect 100% of the time...but it seems to be one of, if not the worst commonly used apps on any phone...

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i have also found that the facebook app sometimes just WONT update. I have to close it (completely) then restart it to work.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, Facebook notifications have never been reliable on any combo of iPhone/OS. Ever. They are notoriously bad in this aspect.

I completely agree! Ever since I upgraded the app and my phone to iOS 5, it has worked flawlessly across all 3 platforms. Now, it's like it just decided not to work anymore. Very frustrating!!

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
indeed it is, we have to kill the app & re-open it again but sometimes it does not work like this either!!

hanymalek

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem, plus the app itself sometimes crashes when I scroll a little deep into my posts
its totally unreliable, hope they post an update soon

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2