Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts

Default how to close pandora

Hi, I was wondering if someone can tell me how to close pandora on the iphone without having to either sign out or shut the phone off. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it, coming from android you pressed the menu button and that was how you closed it out. This is going to be quite annoying if I have to sign out everytime thanks for anyones help
    It's better to be pissed off than pissed on

iPhone 6 64gb space grey . iPad air 64gb LTE silver . iPad mini 16gb LTE black/slate . MacBook Pro 13" . ATV 3rd gen . iPod classic . iPod nano
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

the way i kind of understood it is once you stop/pause the music it stays in a saved state, not neccessarily "running in the background"

however, Pandora is one that i will take a step further and that is by double clicking your home button, after closing the app, to bring up your multitasking tray. press and hold your Pandora app and once it starts wiggling tap the x. this should kill the app. same rule applies to any other apps in question
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I usually double tap the home button to open the multitasking bar and close it there.
    iPhone 6 - iPad Air - MacBook Pro 13" - ATV3

+ Romans 8:28 +
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts

bring up app switcher and slide to the left and use the music controls to pause.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts

thank you
    It's better to be pissed off than pissed on

iPhone 6 64gb space grey . iPad air 64gb LTE silver . iPad mini 16gb LTE black/slate . MacBook Pro 13" . ATV 3rd gen . iPod classic . iPod nano
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

yeah once you pause/stop the music within pandora, that is actually stopping the app.