Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

18 Posts
    Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

Default Anyone else frustrated with Dataviz support?

Is anyone else out there really frustrated with Dataviz support? If it wasn't for their products, which have features I can't find elsewhere, I'd dump them in a New York minute! My history with them goes way back, all the way to Palm OS in the early 2000s.'

In my latest frustrating interaction with Dataviz support, I had a problem synchronizing with Google docs. One of my google accounts worked fine, but the other one kept failing. So I played the silly game on the Dataviz support site, where you have to troll their useless Knowledge Base until it allows you to submit an issue. Finally, I submitted an issue, and the first response was ďif you're using 3G, please switch to wifi, or if you're using wifi, please switch to 3G.Ē Sounded like a stall to me, just to meet some response SLA* When that didnít work, the next request was to delete the account and re-add it. Of course, that didnít work either. Sounded to me like grasping at straws.

Finally, I did what I should have done in the first place, I googled the error message, and discovered the Dataviz support forum. While I didnít find the direct answer to my problem, it gave me a clue that lead to a resolution.

So I wanted to post my experience for otherís benefit. That lead to even more frustration with Dataviz support. They have locked their forums, going to ďone-on-oneĒ e-mail support. So users canít help each other with their problems, they have to depend on their useless support techs for help! And they say, ď90% of your issues will be found in our knowledge baseÖĒ Thatís baloney. As I said, I go back many years with Dataviz, and Iíve found answers to my problems in their knowledgebase maybe 10% of the time.

Anyone else have similar experiences with Dataviz support?

*SLA Ė Service Level Agreement. We will respond within x period of time.