Apps like Siri

ElCapitan010

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty used to using Siri and I have a Verizon iPhone 4, problem is I'm not up for an upgrade for a long time and I really like the Siri app. Anybody know any apps that are similar to Siri?:(

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Since Siri interacts with Apple servers, you can bet it will not work with jail broken apps on any non 4S hardware

gregorypleau

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Dunno. Siri is nice, but I'm not likely to break a contract for it. I can wait for it.
If the jailbreak community pulls it off, well that will be neat and maybe a temptation to jailbreak. Maybe.

As for similar apps, try Dragon Go or Dragon Dictate. You won't get the deep OS integration (aka no just holding home to activate it) but you can at least get a bit of voice goodness.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
The only thing dragons going to do is write down what your saying. And it's highly doubtful jail breakers will able to bring it to any device just because I believe it's integrated into the hardware of the a5. It needs that to function. And Siri is way cooler than dragon, it's has such a wider grasp on what it can do. Check out this video on it. http://youtube.com/watch?feature=

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
From what some of the Devs have said. Is it might not be impossible to design a new Siri type jailbreak app for Iphone4's kind of copying Apples on the Iphone4S. But it will take alot of time, patience, brains to do it. Something about the root partition being heavily integrated or something along those lines. But being in the jailbreak world for the last 2 or 3 years almost nothing is impossible with the maount of developers there are out there. I remember a time when someone said a wifi sync to itunes was impossible. Only time will tell. I will be on a Iphone4S soon I hope so i'm not really worried about it. But I think with Siri already on the 4S, they can add alot more to it also. Siri is just scratching the surface with the first addition to it. Imagine Siri 6 months from now after a few updates and requests. I'm drooling thinking about it and showing it off, lol

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Try VLingo. This was a paid app until the iPhone 4S was announced and all Siri's options were shown off. VLingo will do a lot for you and is now free.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Nice! I paid $10 for it a few months ago! Vlingo is useful, though. It's nice for quick searches when you don't want to type, ot to find a phone number, things like that. It can follow commands relating to SMS, e-mail, Maps, Social Updates, Web Search and Voice Dial.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711