WARNING!! Latest Facebook app update causing iPhones to crash!!

andyheron

Mar 4, 2011
twitter.com
Just a warning guys!

I updated the Facebook app this morning to the new version and it wouldn't go past the blue Facebook startup screen so I deleted it and re-downloaded it. It still wouldn't load so I turned my off.

It then wouldn't turn on so I did a soft reset and up came the beautiful silver Apple logo as per usual then.....nothing. It just sat on the apple logo screen for hours!

I plugged it into my charger..... nothing.

I plugged it into my PC....... it wouldn't even acknowledge it was plugged in, let alone let me restore it!

I took it to my local Apple Store.... even they couldn't get it working!

Luckily after the battery died and I plugged it in and left it for a couple more hours it just suddenly started working again but I have seen several people on Facebook stating that they have had similar problems after updating the Facebook app and that they cannot sync, backup or restore it either!!!

BE WARNED PEOPLE!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Many users also report it worked fine and dandy... and many other users reported if they had issues crashing, all they had to do was delete the app from the device, re-spring, and re-download, that solved their issues. And, as noted - the app has been updated.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Wow this caused me to wipe my phone and loose my Jailbreak. I could not get my phone to boot. It would sit at the apple logo and reboot over and over. I would be really upset about loosing my jailbreak except for the fact the IOS 5 comes out tomorrow.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
iP4 iOS 5 GM

not a hiccup with yesterday's or today's update. like the new look and getting ALL of my notifications

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I have had absolutely no problem with the Facebook app, either for the iPhone or the iPad. Hopefully the update will fix this issue that you've been having!

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I updated mine last night on mine and my wifes' phone and we are not having any issues at all. I think the app looks pretty good.

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I did have an issue with it being stuck at the start up screen on Facebook. Shut down my iPod then turned back on, uninstalled and reinstalled. Works fine & looks mighty nice I might add. Now if they could just fix that stupid news feed :D Sorry that happened to you, hope things are good now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2