Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default MS Office replacement for iPad 2

I need something that can work with bulleted headings and can automatically create a table of contents. I have headings and sub-headings which are all bulleted lists which makes it easy to see it in the navigation pane in microsoft word. Is there an app that can help me do this?
    iPhone Intermediate

199 Posts
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts

Have you tried Apple's version? Pages, Numbers, Keynote.
    iMore Expert

840 Posts
    Global Posts
    870 Global Posts

Not exactly sure what you are doing but Document To Go and QuickOffice can do most everything in Word or Excel. IMHO YMMV
    iPhone Newbie

18 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I've used both Pages, Numbers, Keynote and DocsToGo and haven't found any issues with doing the editing, creating that I do. The Apple versions are a bit more polished in my opinion but Docs2Go offers some other features like Google Docs integration, Dropbox, etc.
    iMore Genius

10,934 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

+1 for Docs to Go. Especially if you're actually using MS Word on your computer. I bought Pages, etc. when I bought my Mac and hated it. It's feature-free compared to Word. And since you would have to buy the iOS version separately anyway, I just stuck with Docs 2 Go, which I've been happily using since my Palm OS days.

I use it for spreadsheets, too, and it pretty much does everything.