Scrabble Question

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Surprisingly I can't seem to find this answer anywhere. At what point (if ever) do Scrabble games time out? I have about 6 games where I've been waiting a week or so for other players to make a move. Do they ever time out or will I be stuck looking a dozens of games that are obviously over? And if they do time out do I get a win?

Love this game but I wish not making a move for a week or so would automatically cause someone to forfeit.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The official Scrabble game, or Words With Friends? Not sure about Scrabble, but WWF is supposed to be about 5 or 11 days, depending on whether or not it's a random opponent (5 days) or a non-random opponent (11 days). They do say that because of server overload a game that has been resigned doesn't always get a notification about the resignation.

Resign Times : The Zynga With Friends Helpdesk

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Scrabble.

I do play WWF but only when I have to, I don't like the fact that it doesn't keep track of W-L record.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ah...I've never seen a good answer for that. You can try adjusting your "nudge" interval in Settings so people know you're waiting, but that's the closest thing I've seen to a solution. (I believe that after you use the Nudge button, a Force Forfeit option will show up after a certain amount of time--but you have to use the Nudge first.)

Last edited:

scrabbleworld

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's not a question they really have answered anywhere. Not surprising.

On the iPhone app, this is all I can find for rules pertaining to it:

DELETE AND FORFEIT:
You can delete a game when its progress is below three turns. Once three turns have been taken, the Delete button becomes a Forfeit button, as you will register a loss for leaving the game past three turns.

NUDGE AND FORCE FORFEIT:
A player that has been inactive in a game for too long can be nudged. If a player has been nudged once but continues to remain inactive, the Nudge button in game scene will become a Force Forfeit button. When used, it will give that player twenty-four hours to make a move or they will be forced to forfeit the game.

TIME LIMIT:
In the Options menu, you can set the maximum amount of time allowed between each turn to 24, 48 or 72 hours for online and Facebook games. If the active player fails to play his turn before the time limit expires, the other players will be given the option to alert this player by pressing the Nudge button.

There isn't anything that states that a game will automatically be forfeited by the person not playing, as Words with Friends does.

I've had some games end in automatic forfeits (I believe), but I haven't paid that much attention to how long or when it happens. I can find these in my Complete Games section, with me stated as the winner. I do notice that some of my games that I did not nudge are no longer on my iPhone, but can be found on Facebook (which I never get on to play). Some are as old as 67 days, but that's because I never nudged. Soon as I nudged, they showed back up on my iPhone. Now to see how long it takes to have them automatically forfeited. I wish there was an automatic nudge option.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok, this seems to be exactly what I was wondering...

NUDGE AND FORCE FORFEIT:
A player that has been inactive in a game for too long can be nudged. If a player has been nudged once but continues to remain inactive, the Nudge button in game scene will become a Force Forfeit button. When used, it will give that player twenty-four hours to make a move or they will be forced to forfeit the game.

Thanks guys!

jordansim28

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
There are many types of scrabble word finder available which can help you in your game. I have come to across some word finder which gives exact matches for game question.

beth on bass

May 9, 2013
Visit site
WWF

Is there a way to turn off 'nudge'? My friends and I enjoy playing when we feel like it, usually but not always daily...part of the fun is no pressure if other things going on...if friends don't play, for any amount of time, I know more important things are going on, and I don't want the messages suggesting that I nudge him or her. Any way to disable that? As an aside, I am so glad the game doesn't forfeit if one hasn't played in a certain timeframe.

Simon Brooks

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WWF

Scrabble/WWF question validation if you don't mind. I've just released my first word game on iOS and am about to start developing my second game. My 2nd game is a complete reinvention of Scrabble/WWF, but would have the same feel to it. My Q to you scrabble/WWF players is what do you least like about those games? Name one or two things that might bug you about them. Your answers might kinda help validate what I'm working on. I appreciate the responses in advance.

soubrettina

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Missing game on iPhone Scrabble app

I play Scrabble with facebook (lots of people) and Origin (two people). This question concerns a game I was playing with someone via Origin. Currently, I cannot locate an OLD Scrabble game (from over a month ago; I was traveling and forgot). There is the red badge on the app icon that says "1" and it irritates me that I can't find the game to either forfeit or play my turn. My OCD is running wild and I can't stand seeing it when I can't find the game (and have played turns on all the rest). Is there any way to locate it or make the stupid "1" indicator go away?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2