Paid navigation apps

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I would like to get some fresh opinions on what everyone is using for navigation. I dont mind paying for an app if it is worth it. So thanks in advance, just want to see what people are using now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I use "Navigon" as mentioned above. It is extremely accurate and does a great job of re-routing you if you make a wrong turn or go too far past a turn. I love the "Night Mode" feature, as it makes it easier to see the screen when it is dark. When I travel I keep my iPhone plugged into the car charger so I don't have to worry about the app draining the battery. Although I have the app on my iPad 2 as well, I have only used it on my iPhones so far because they are smaller and more portable than my iPad.

Here are a few screenshots of Navigon's features:

47b9a952-deda-bfc2.jpg

47b9a952-def8-bc33.jpg

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Tomtom here. Been using it for years and always come back to it on every platform.

I also support TomTom. While Navigon has a "prettier" interface, I found TomTom to be more functional in the smaller details, such as directing the user to the side of the street for the specified destination (without fiddling with even more settings like Navigon) and showing better accuracy in traffic info. Compared to Navigon, TomTom has louder, clearer voices (that also mention the street names and turns... really your choice) and better POI within the app itself (no need to fire up other apps to do so).

Perhaps the only con I can find about TomTom is the fact that its default interface appears to be a bit old school, but the user is given some options for customization. As far as its accuracy in getting you from A to Z in the fastest way possible, this app wins in my book.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I have been using TomTom for over 2 years now. Every time I think I've found a better app, I always divert back to it. For me, TomTom is the most accurate even if it doesn't have the slickest interface. A GPS app isn't worth a darn if it can't get you from point A to point B.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've used the TomTom app too... didn't like it... Navigon is as close to my Garmin Nuvi as an app... even more so than Garmin's own app, which I've used as well - it's better than TomTom, but not as good as Navigon in my experience... that said, I still prefer my Nuvi.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro