Viber problems

shanfoley

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
When i download the app 'viber' either straight from my iphone or through the app store on itunes, i get to the setup screen where you enter your phone number and press continue and nothing happens. All settings are correct and internet working perfectly. Has anyone got any ideas?
Thanks

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
This is a member of the Viber Development Team :)

@shanfoley - When this happens it is due to a connection issue, and jailbroke iPhones (this usually has to do with the device's push notifications). This error seems to be more relevant to iPhone 3G which is not a multi-tasking device. If Viber can't make a 'stable' connection with the server, or if the device is unlocked/jailbroke, the process will not continue. You may try again later. If using 3G, try WiFi. We have also heard from many users with jailbroken/unlocked devices, that a third party application, such as push fix app. has proven to solve this issue. We have not tested this, and cannot confirm this for sure.

Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments.
Thanks,
Viber Team

Maalas

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Im having a problem with viber. I cant seem to set a profile pic. Everytime i do viber crashes. The same happens with setting contact background. It crashes. Using and ipad but this is the first time this problem has risen. Any suggestions?

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Im having a problem with viber. I cant seem to set a profile pic. Everytime i do viber crashes. The same happens with setting contact background. It crashes. Using and ipad but this is the first time this problem has risen. Any suggestions?

Hi,
Please note that Viber does not officially support iPads, and this may be the source of the problem you're experiencing.
In the future we are planning a fully-compatible versino for iPads and iPods, and once we have news about it we'll officially announce it through our Facebook and Twitter pages.

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience :/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods