Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    App and photo editor

Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default App for That: How to track Amazon prices

Kirk has sent us an email looking for an app to track prices on Amazon and other websites.

I was wondering if there is a "non-subscription" based price tracker app. To for instance watch the price for a product on Amazon to know when it drops. Like for their deal of the days and such. Other sites would also be a plus, though my main interest is for Amazon, it would be useful for those slightly more expensive items.
    Anyone have any suggestions for Kirk? Thanks!
    iPhone Pro

iOS Version

Springpad

It's an Evernote rival but it does what you ask wonderfully. Make a notebook for "Items to Purchase", for example, and when you go to add an item, use Look it Up. It then searches sites like Amazon and other online retailers and finds it. Then, it'll alert you if the item goes on sale and what the new price is.

You can also use it to add movies to your Netflix queue, amongst other things
    Hope I've helped!
    C H I R M E R
    Graphic designer, classical musician, Paleo eater, evolutionary runner & all-around Apple fangirl.
    2008 Macbook (white, 4GB RAM) [sold] >> iPod Touch (1st Gen, 8 GB) [sold]>> iPhone 4 (black, 16 GB) >> 2012 Macbook Pro w/Retina Display (2.3 GHz 16GB RAM)
    iPhone Pro

iOS Version

Also, ShopAdvisor works with Evernote if you'd rather use that
    C H I R M E R
    Graphic designer, classical musician, Paleo eater, evolutionary runner & all-around Apple fangirl.
    2008 Macbook (white, 4GB RAM) [sold] >> iPod Touch (1st Gen, 8 GB) [sold]>> iPhone 4 (black, 16 GB) >> 2012 Macbook Pro w/Retina Display (2.3 GHz 16GB RAM)
    iPhone Nanite

Sounds like a good idea for girls who love shopping if there is such an app.