App download to multiple iphones using same account

eganders

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I use the same iTunes store account and Amazon account. Each of us has our own computer. I would like to know the rules as to what can be purchased on one phone or computer and downloaded without cost to the other using the same account.

I know that books from Kindle appear on both.
What about apps?
What about music?

Is there a " user manual" or discussion area that discusses this type of thing extensively?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Short answer is "Yes" you can do this. All three of my kids and I sync to my iMac and my iTunes account. So when one gets a song,movies, or app we all can get it. Now my wife sync her iP4 to her own Macbook with her own iTunes account, but with "Home Sharing" through iTunes she can get any song, movie or app from my account from my iMac to her account.

Only thing I am not sure of in your case is whether or not you would have to use Home Sharing with your two computers because you use the same iTunes account?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Home sharing will essentially authorize and sync any iTunes purchase for both computers. I have the same iTunes account on two different Macs and the first thing iTunes does when I open it up is check the other computers iTunes for purchases and download as necessary. You can also do this on device with the iCloud syncing that is already enabled.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
At one point the limit was 5 devices... but with all of the new devices and ways of connecting, I expect Apple to update that and clarify the terms...

Heck, I've got more than 5 devices - 2 iPhones, 2 iPads, 2 iPods, 3 Apple TVs, 1 MacBook Pro, 1 MacBook Air, 1 Mac Mini and my wife's HP laptop...

But as I understand it, you can authorize 5 computers to share iTunes downloads. And any device connected synched with those computers is "authorized". The sharing media between PCs and AppleTVs is done via Home Sharing, which, as I understand it is also 5 instances - but not necessarily the same 5 devices...

So, um, yeah, Apple needs to clarify...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW