Read for Me! translates a printed text simply by taking a picture of it!
Read for Me! v1.0
Read for Me! makes it insanely easy to get a translation of a printed text simply by taking a picture of it. The app recognizes up to 30 languages and translate them between 36 languages.
Why Read for Me!?
You may already have encountered a situation where you want to read signs, menus, notices, etc... but you can not do it as it is written in a foreign language you don't know. Read for Me! will help you to get a translation of that printed text simply by taking a close-up picture it.
You want more information about the app? Check it out at http://readforme.beleo-studio.com/
Download it directly at http://itunes.com/apps/readforme/beleostudio
Check Read for Me! on our Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BeleoStudio
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Read-for-Me/219148368134137
Add us in your circle on Google+ https://plus.google.com/100870274072618456441
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/BeleoStudio
Follow us on Sina Weibo
Last edited by Beleo Studio; 12-11-2011 at 11:36 PM.
- 08-28-2011, 01:32 PM #2
Thanks for the interest!! Please let me know what you think of it on the appstore, by email or here.
Also one thing to consider (it's written in the app description on the app store) is that it only support printed text. Handwriting have poor results as well as if you take a photo of a screen due to the refresh rate of the screen.
Last edited by Beleo Studio; 12-11-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Read for Me! V.1.1
Version 1.1 of Read for Me! is now available on the Appstore!
- Fixed crash at startup for iOS < 4.0
- Fixed crash sometimes after taking a picture for iOS < 4.1
- Spanish and Japanese localizations added
- You can now share your translations on Facebook, TwitPic, Tumblr and by SMS
- Tell your friends about Read for Me! on Facebook, Twitter, Weibo, LinkedIn
- Special thanks added on the about page
- Minor UI optimizations
- Fix minor bugs
From December 1st to December 8th 2011, try to win a promocode to get Read for Me! for free!
How can I win one promocode?
Simply by following these 2 steps:
1. Follow @BeleoStudio on Twitter Twitter
2. Retweet this post: https://twitter.com/BeleoStudio/stat...77172079800323
Good luck and share with your family & friends!!
Read for Me! 1.1.2 is now available on the App Store: http://itunes.com/apps/readforme/beleostudio
- Translate 3 new languages!!! Translate Thai, Hindi and Arabic
- Translate to 1 new language: Hindi
- Twitter for iOS 5 now available (users below iOS 5 will still be able to share on Twitter the same way as the previous version)
- Share your translations with Sina Weibo
- Share your translations with iMessage
- Text selection tool sensibility has been calibrated again for a better precision
- Minor character recognition improvement
- You can tap on the picture when you check the character recognition to view it in fullscreen.
- Take the picture with the volume button (iOS 5)
- After accepting the character recognition, the app will show the home page while waiting for the translation
- The text of the button of the text selection screen is now "Next" instead of "Done" for better understanding.
The same way, the button show "Translate" instead of "Done" on the following screen.
- Miscellaneous other UI customizations
And don't forget that you can win Read for Me! for free on our Twitter @BeleoStudio https://twitter.com/BeleoStudio/stat...77172079800323
- 12-03-2011, 11:15 AM #10
- 12-07-2011, 01:12 PM #11
- 01-15-2012, 11:44 AM #14
- 01-16-2012, 01:08 AM #16
- 03-15-2012, 07:51 AM #18
Read for Me! updated to 1.2
It's been quite some time we didn't release an update for Read for Me! So it's with pleasure that we announce version 1.2 available on the App Store:
- New text-to-speech voices with natural accent (23 different languages).
- Cropping tool changed
- The app is now available in Italian
- You can now use Camera+ if you have it installed to take more precise pictures for better character recognition
- Crashes fixed
- A new feedback system directly implemented into the app ("More" tab). Help us improve Read for Me!
- Improved the history performance
- One new language in output
- Misc. UI changes
Keep commenting and rating each update on the AppStore. It really helps us a lot to improve the app.