Apple Store app problems

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm having a strange problem with the Apple Store app on my iPhone 4. When I open the app I get the following:

View attachment 9970

If I tap OK the error message comes right back and I can't get past it. I've tried deleting and reinstalling, performing a hard reset with my iPhone, and signing out of my Apple ID and signing back in; nothing works. The only thing I haven't tried is wiping and restoring my iPhone in iTunes, but I'm trying to avoid that as this is really just a minor annoyance.

Both iTunes and the App Store work perfectly with the same Apple ID.

I Googled the error message and found a couple of forum topics about it elsewhere, but no one posted a solution of any kind.

Is anyone else here experiencing this? I've tried contacting Apple Support but they keep bouncing me from department to department.

Thanks in advance.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been having a different problem with my app store I tried your same troubleshooting with no luck. Later today I'm going to try restoring it on iTunes.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar error a few months ago. I ended up calling Apple customer care and they fixed the problem from their end. Hope this gets resolved for you soon.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar error a few months ago. I ended up calling Apple customer care and they fixed the problem from their end. Hope this gets resolved for you soon.

---

Thanks, I may take a trip to my local Apple Store later today to see if they can figure it out. If they can't I'll try contacting Apple again directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I may take a trip to my local Apple Store later today to see if they can figure it out. If they can't I'll try contacting Apple again directly.

You are welcome. Let us know how you make out with this.

---

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
You are welcome. Let us know how you make out with this.

---

Well, I stopped by an Apple Store and was told that it was likely a problem with my iTunes account. I was instructed to call Apple Care.

I called when I got home and spent 20 minutes on the phone with no resolution. First I was told that the Apple Store app was only available for iMacs and MacBooks; after debunking that I was told that I would need to pay $70 to extend my warranty support window by another year. After declining (since the problem isn't a hardware issue) I was told that I needed to contact the app developer; when I said that Apple was the developer, and then asked how to contact that department, I was told that the information would be emailed to me shortly.

The interesting part was that when the support agent went to confirm my email address my account didn't have an Apple ID associated with it, and the only email address shown was the original email address I used when I first purchased and activated my iPhone (since changed). It's interesting because in iTunes, on my iPhone, and on the iTunes account management web page all of my information appeared correctly, including my Apple ID (which is my current email address). After five minutes she was able to figure out how to put my email address in the Apple ID field of my account and I hung up the phone.

A few minutes after I hug up I received an email with a link to the main Apple support pages on apple.com. Not exactly what I anticipated receiving.

I decided to fire up iTunes and confirm my account information, and everything appeared to be correct. I then deleted the Apple Store app from my iPhone and iTunes, synced my iPhone, and downloaded the Apple Store app again, thinking that maybe the changes the support agent made would fix the issue. No dice.

I decided to contact iTunes support on the webpage again, so I need to wait up to 48 hours for a reply. I'll update again when I get a response.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If it's any consolation at this point, it rarely takes 48 hours for them to respond (don't mean the auto-response thing, either) except on weekends. Good luck.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
If it's any consolation at this point, it rarely takes 48 hours for them to respond (don't mean the auto-response thing, either) except on weekends. Good luck.

Yeah, I just got a reply and was told to contact the Apple Store. 'Round and 'round we go.

I'm about ready to give up on fixing this.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I just got a reply and was told to contact the Apple Store. 'Round and 'round we go.

I'm about ready to give up on fixing this.

I'm sorry that you keep getting the run around. Don't give up, there has got to be someone out there who can help you with this.

niteowl77

Aug 23, 2011
www.a2binteractive.com
Well, I stopped by an Apple Store and was told that it was likely a problem with my iTunes account. I was instructed to call Apple Care.

I called when I got home and spent 20 minutes on the phone with no resolution. First I was told that the Apple Store app was only available for iMacs and MacBooks; after debunking that I was told that I would need to pay $70 to extend my warranty support window by another year. After declining (since the problem isn't a hardware issue) I was told that I needed to contact the app developer; when I said that Apple was the developer, and then asked how to contact that department, I was told that the information would be emailed to me shortly.

The interesting part was that when the support agent went to confirm my email address my account didn't have an Apple ID associated with it, and the only email address shown was the original email address I used when I first purchased and activated my iPhone (since changed). It's interesting because in iTunes, on my iPhone, and on the iTunes account management web page all of my information appeared correctly, including my Apple ID (which is my current email address). After five minutes she was able to figure out how to put my email address in the Apple ID field of my account and I hung up the phone.

A few minutes after I hug up I received an email with a link to the main Apple support pages on apple.com. Not exactly what I anticipated receiving.

I decided to fire up iTunes and confirm my account information, and everything appeared to be correct. I then deleted the Apple Store app from my iPhone and iTunes, synced my iPhone, and downloaded the Apple Store app again, thinking that maybe the changes the support agent made would fix the issue. No dice.

I decided to contact iTunes support on the webpage again, so I need to wait up to 48 hours for a reply. I'll update again when I get a response.

Weiredest problem I've had with my iPhone was when it (all of a sudden) turned off and started vibrating and wouldn't stop lol

I take it into the store and go "What mode is this?" lol

hahahaha they replaced the phone but they sure hadn't seen that before.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
A quick update....

This morning I tried one thing that I didn't think to try before: I reset my Apple ID password. I received a promotional email from Apple overnight and noticed that near the bottom there was a link to click on if I had forgotten my Apple ID password. I went through the reset process, then signed out and back in on my iPhone under Settings / Store. I then tapped on the Apple Store app and it loaded right up. Very weird.

Anyway, I wanted to update this thread in case some frustrated soul wanders in here at some point in the future looking for a solution to the same problem.

Thanks for the help to those who participated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2