BBC iPlayer Global

FrDakota

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi!

I downloaded this morning the application and was gladly surprised with the quality of the picture.

I played through WiFi (I live in France) and this afternoon I went to buy the HDMI adapter for iPad.

Unfortunately even though I get the sound, I don't get the picture on the TV, too bad BBC decided it would be an iPad 2 feature (by the FAQ)

I was willing to subscribe, be it really turned me off. :(

Now I have to wait for iPad 3 if the BBC doesn't change it's tactics, because there's no reason it shouldn't work.

Other Apps like AirPlayer and AirVideo do the job.

FrDakota

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Update

Following up the release of BBC iPlayer Global for iPad for still non american countries.

At last the recent versions gave the iPad 1 the TV output on HDMI in 720p.

Crisdean

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
As an UK user it's pretty nice and I've never tried to use it on a TV. Can try when over on the continent and see if it works.

FrDakota

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
As an UK user it's pretty nice and I've never tried to use it on a TV. Can try when over on the continent and see if it works.

BBC iPlayer Global doesn't work in the U.K according to the FAQ.

Is this a different service to the UK BBC iPlayer?
Yes, the content of this service has been tailored to an international audience and is different from the UK BBC iPlayer.

If I am a UK resident can I use this app?
Due to rights agreements you cannot use this app if you live in the UK. For the free UK version of the BBC iPlayer app for iPad, simply go to the UK Apple App Store and search for BBC iPlayer.

Working in the other European countries with some differences of content.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2