Iphone acting slow/screen starting over when i opened itunes app?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So I opened my iTunes app to check out some new songs on iTunes and I noticed right when I did that the phone started to slow down and it was taking awhile for the information the load then all of a sudden the screen went black and the apple logo came up and it's like I turned the phone on and off but I didn't! Then I had to slide to unlock and it was back to normal. The only thing I can think of the reason for this happening is because I had some apps in the background running maybe. I was playing angry birds and didnt close the game out, facebook app open ect but I didn't have that many apps open. Anyways does anyone know why the screen went black and the phone seemed to start over without me doing a thing? Anyone experience this or know what I'm talking about? Thanks

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So it went back to normal after the restart? Given the phone can have random hang ups and glitchy navigation at times that is basically back ground problems, there may not be an issue to be had...if it was something reoccurring, there may be a way to isolate the cause, but if it happened once and then remedied itself, it could be a hundred different things...most of which you'd have no control of anyways.

My phone got hung up playing hanging with friends the other day...it was loading the games and got stuck, home button wouldn't respond, power button wouldn't respond...finally, i had to do a hard restart on it and all was well...who knows what it was.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
it was just weird because i never had it happen to me before. like i said i said i had angry birds playing in the background, facebook, ipod ect. i didnt do anything! the screen just went black and then the apple sign came up and then after about 10 seconds it went back to the main screen where you have to slide to unlock and open the phone. i am just shocked of why it happened and what happened! i dont want it to be any hardware issues or anything like that. i am currently down two software versions and need to update the software but i doubt that has anything to do with the phone being slow/ restarting itself. about a week ago the screen was slow to turn horizontally and was stuck vertically for about 10 mins then fixed itself. should i be worried? any thoughts? thanks

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't stress too much over it, since you said it doesn't display any regular signs of malfunction...my iPhone 4 runs great, it just got glitched up one day, i didn't lose a wink of sleep over it. Its 99% likely it's nothing, but there's really no way to guarantee you your phone is 100% ok, its a pretty advanced little cell phone, so it has a lot of things that can get fouled out...if this is your first wonky experience, consider yourself lucky.

If you do find yourself stressed beyond belief about it though, the Apple store will happily take a look at it for you for free (even out of warranty) and will advise you if they find anything (just an FYI though, if you can't reproduce the issue for them, chances are they will wont be able to either).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
COULD be...though i doubt it, i was running 4.2.1 up until last week and never had an issue that would indicate that the firmware was responsible (or lack of new firmware better put).

Is there a reason you're not on 4.3.4?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So then why does apple say you need to update the software and they think that's the problem 100 percent. I have never experienced anything like this with my phone and I've had it since february. I also have the Verizon iPhone. It doesn't seem like hardware because everything is running perfectly fine. I just don't want to or think it's hardware because if it was Wouldnt it be acting up all the time?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess starting a new thread was the best option right?

You're obviously stressed out about it and want a definitive answer, go to the apple store...they'll tell you the same thing, but at least maybe you'll be satisfied with the answer.

And of course Apple will blame it on the firmware, its an easy way out...its possible you have a bad firmware load on your iPhone, but i doubt it since you have no other problems.

lol, i still can't believe you started another thread about this...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2