Spotify

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, I'm just doing the free version to see what all the hubbub is about. Although I guess if you're a huge music lover it's basically like buying one CD a month.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I didn't wanna wait for an invite. I just paid $10 for a month to see what it's like. Sound quality is a big
thing for me. I don't think I'll keep it though because it's taking up my data usage. I like to listen to music
mostly when driving and at the gym but I get no wi-fi in neither.

I gotta say that I really like it though.

guerillatwang

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I didn't wanna wait for an invite. I just paid $10 for a month to see what it's like. Sound quality is a big
thing for me. I don't think I'll keep it though because it's taking up my data usage. I like to listen to music
mostly when driving and at the gym but I get no wi-fi in neither.

I gotta say that I really like it though.

Once you purchase you have the ability to star tracks, and whole CD's. Once they are starred you can sync them to iPhone to run in offline mode so you don't drain all the data away. :)

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure I really understand the whole point if you are simply streaming music you probably already have on your phone. I guess if you didn't want to take up the space on your phone or you were using a phone (non-iphone) that couldn't play your protected iTunes music?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The main point is that you don't have to buy the music, just a subscription. Then you just stream (or save for playing offline) whatever you want. Think of it like Pandora but with tracks YOU choose instead of tracks chosen FOR you.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The main point is that you don't have to buy the music, just a subscription. Then you just stream (or save for playing offline) whatever you want. Think of it like Pandora but with tracks YOU choose instead of tracks chosen FOR you.

What about the non premium version. What is the point of that.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Just so I have this straight, there is no way to use the Spotify app if you don't have a premium service?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Now I truly don't see what all the fuss has been about. I'd rather have it available on my mobile than my desktop.

Reminds me of the old Rhapsody service, but tons more expensive.

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
I can tell you right now the hype is well deserved- it's not trying to compete with a Pandora type service which is why the mobile app is for premium users only. It is a full music replacement app for your phone. You can have your own personally downloaded (purchased) music combined with all the songs spotify offers all in one place. And you can search and listen to any song available via streaming or downloading right to your device. It also offers wireless syncing between your home network computers and devices via wifi. If your a music nut it makes plenty of sense.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Now I truly don't see what all the fuss has been about. I'd rather have it available on my mobile than my desktop.

Reminds me of the old Rhapsody service, but tons more expensive.

Yeah I gotta second that. I haven't really had a chance to play with it. Camp director over summer and spend very little time at my desk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Once you purchase you have the ability to star tracks, and whole CD's. Once they are starred you can sync them to iPhone to run in offline mode so you don't drain all the data away. :)

I think most of my data usage was syncing songs for that :p

I just got all giddy with track syncing when I should have done it over WiFi.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77