How to completely reboot the iPhone? And clear the multitask bar?

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to reboot the iPhone totally and it also closes all the programs in the task bar ? I know when I power down and reboot the apps are still running even after power down....

PurpleDragon

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
App in taskbar does not mean it is actually running.

I recently found interesting iOS feature regarding multitasking. There was an app developed by me with flag "Quit when going to background" set i.e. the app actually finishes execution when "Home" button is pressed. However, even if the app is not running it is still in Task bar.

I have spent hefty amount of time trying to understand why my app does not quit. It happens it actually does but stays in task bar. Bug?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
No, the multitasking tray is actually just showing you recently used apps. It does not mean the processes are still running. That's why it does not clear when you restart, however ALL programs will be closed completely when you restart.

lydia331

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
1) Reboot computer
2) Start up iTunes
3) Control ..ALT...Del
4) Turn off ...iTuneshelper.exe
5) Completely turn off iPhone
6) Lay iPhone flat on desk and hold the HOME button down and plug in the USB cable to the bottom of the iPhone
7) Keep holding HOME button down till iTunes pulls up the iPhone
8) Click restore

Thats it ....remember you will erase everything on the phone and Restore back to Factory Virgin Default.

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
OK, we have a solution!

Make sure you understand what caused this problem:
iTunes 7.4.2 updates the mobiledevices.dll that Jailbreak uses, this causes private functions to misplaced. So if you want to jailbreak using iTunes 7.4.2 you *MUST* use an UPDATED version of INdependance 1.1.1 or AppTapp 3.0. Otherwise, your phone will go into an endless reboot loop.

Beside from that, there is no danger in using iTunes 7.4.2 none what so ever.

If you were unlucky enough to try old jailbreak with new iTunes 7.4.2, and got endless reboot loop here is what you to do solve it:

1.) Make sure you have iTunes 7.4.2 intalled
2.) Make sure you have AppTapp 3.0 installed
3.) Make sure you kill iTunes and iTuneshelper using acitivity monitor
4.) Put your iPhone into recovery restore mode (yellow triangel) by holdning down sleep and home button together for about 25 seconds.
5.) Now start AppTapp, but do not click anything
6.) Open Terminal, cd to the AppTapp application, into Contents/Resources/
7.) now type ./iphonecomm -s 4

That's it, you should be out of reboot loop, and you will be able to activate/jailbreaking using the AppTapp 3.0 application.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner