Apps on two phones, same account

dndrich

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
iPhone Pals:

I just got a Verizon iPhone for my wife. I have one too. I have purchased a number of apps using my apple ID. Now, her phone is synced on her computer, but using the same Apple ID. No problem. Shouldn't I be able to download the same apps I have purchased already on her phone since it is the same account? Or, do I need to purchase the ones she wants again for her. No big deal, I just wondered how that works.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Apple allows you to install your purchased apps on up to 5 devices that share the same account, so yes, you'll be able to install on her iPhone without paying again.

(Note - it will seem like you're purchasing again up until the last minute if you do it on the iPhone.)

Reactions: dndrich

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there isn't a device limit actually. Each account can only be authorized on 5 computers, but there's no limit on devices. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. I can grab a complete stranger's phone and download apps with my iTunes account even though it's never been synced through iTunes with my account. In fact, I think there are some apps that are on my iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad 1, iPad 2, and each of my parents' iPhones. That'd be 6 devices.

dndrich

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Apple allows you to install your purchased apps on up to 5 devices that share the same account, so yes, you'll be able to install on her iPhone without paying again.

(Note - it will seem like you're purchasing again up until the last minute if you do it on the iPhone.)

Yup. Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR