- iPhone Newbie
- 11 Posts
CRUX Crosswords HD - Featured by Apple!
CRUX is listed in the iPad App Store front page feature "Words for the Wise"
(link opens in iTunes on desktop or iTunes App Store app on iDevice)
TouchArcade.com : "Crossword Puzzles Have Never Looked This Good" - 4.5/5
AppAdvice.com : "A Word Puzzler's Delight" - 5/5
PadGadget.com : "Other crossword apps in its caliber are twice as much" - 4.5/5
TapMag.co.uk : "A well-developed paper-sourced crossword puzzler that should keep addicts happy." - 4/5
CRUX presents the best crossword puzzles on the perfect platform for solving them. There are thousands of high-quality puzzles available for download from newspapers and other sources around the world. No matter if you're new to crosswords or a seasoned wordsmith, CRUX is great for everyone, and includes:
- Support for multiple users sharing one iPad
- Multiple modes help you focus on what's important
- "Intersecting" presents a mini-puzzle made from the selected entry and all crossing entries
- "Incomplete" shows you only what's left
- "Related" shows only the themed or otherwise related entries
- Related entries are automatically highlighted in all modes
- "Home row" control layout lets you solve a puzzle fast without moving your hands
- 3-speed directional pad for cell-by-cell navigation
- Swipe gestures for directly picking any across/down entry from the grid
- Enter letters as pen or pencil
- Enter multiple letters in a cell ("rebus" entry)
- Timer with pause
- Clear/check/reveal a cell, entry, or the entire puzzle
- View and sort downloaded puzzles by day, month, constructor, recently opened, etc.
See our product page in iTunes for more screenshots and a list of all of the crossword puzzle sources that we currently support:
CRUX Crosswords HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Any questions? Please ask!