Has anyone ever used test flight app to join a beta? I just joined one today and registered my phone but it seemed a little weird and kinda scared me that they might be able to see my texts and calls etc. So I deleted it in my phone and just installed it on my iPad instead.

The site is testflightapp(dot)com
    05-20-2011 08:44 PM
    haha...
    Very interesting.
    05-21-2011 03:57 AM
    I use it and it was great for me. beta tested an app and everything did as it should. No worries for me.
    05-21-2011 05:28 AM
    Well hopefully everything goes well. Heard from another on twitter that he thought it was ok too. But for now, I think I'll still just stick to my iPad. Lol
    05-21-2011 06:50 AM
    TestFlight is a good site. It collects your UUID and device name which the app programmer needs to put into the provisioning profile to allow the app to run on your device.

As an app maker, TestFlight does a lot of work for me and its much easier on you to click a button than to try and find that info on your own. it doesn't give me any information about your phone number or anything else I could do to hijack your phone.

Rob
    05-23-2011 01:29 PM
    Interesting...just checking it out now...
    05-24-2011 11:16 AM
    just ok for me
    05-25-2011 08:09 AM
    It's interesting...
    05-25-2011 11:18 AM
    TestFlight is a good site. It collects your UUID and device name which the app programmer needs to put into the provisioning profile to allow the app to run on your device.

As an app maker, TestFlight does a lot of work for me and its much easier on you to click a button than to try and find that info on your own. it doesn't give me any information about your phone number or anything else I could do to hijack your phone.

Rob
    Cool, thanks buddy! That summed it up for me ha.
    05-28-2011 09:50 PM
    It is a great tool for developers.
    It really makes it easier for developers to reach beta testers and for them to report back bugs and suggestions. I highly recommend it.
    05-29-2011 03:06 AM
    It makes me suspicious, I've had it for a year and there are no apps for me to test. Do you have to subscribe or something?
    11-10-2013 01:35 PM
    It makes me suspicious, I've had it for a year and there are no apps for me to test. Do you have to subscribe or something?
    You still need to be associated with a developer who is using you as a beta tester. Just signing up with TestFlight doesn't get you access to a beta.
    11-10-2013 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD