How do you pay for apps?

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
My debit card was used to make unauthorized purchases, my bank called me today and of course they had to cancel my card and send a new one. What a pain on a Friday...
So I'm wondering if next time I just need to get a few iTunes gift cards or use Amex or something like it. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any debit/credit card information on my iTunes account... I just buy $15 iTunes gift cards, and don't have to worry about it... when my account gets close to zero, I add another card - never have more than $20 on my account at any time... usually significantly less...

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have my debit card linked to it....but after reading the replies, iTunes cards sounds like a much better idea...especially if you are trying to budget.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Think I'll use a credit card. It's easier to cancel and I'm not that reliant on it. The iTunes gift cards are a good idea too

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My debit card was used to make unauthorized purchases, my bank called me today and of course they had to cancel my card and send a new one. What a pain on a Friday...
So I'm wondering if next time I just need to get a few iTunes gift cards or use Amex or something like it. Thx.

Credit Card, I don't know why everyone is so paranoid. They didn't get your info from iTunes. If iTunes was hacked it would a media storm the same it was for Sony and PSN getting hacked. You got phished or put your information into a malicious website at some point, these attacks are far more sophisticated and targeted than the badly worded emails from 5 years ago.

Last edited:

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I use iTunes cards but my account is linked to my debit card only because when you switch phones or restore the phone it makes you verify billing info before you can download anything from the AppStore. At least that's what it does for me. Before that it was linked to my debt card but I lost the debit card that it was linked to and I just used iTunes cards. I prefer it that way. Don't know why I guess that way if I don't pay attention and buy an app I thought was free I don't have to worry about it being taken out of my bank account? Idk I guess I'm wierd like that

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I also use a credit card - it's not hard to control how much you spend

For me, it's not a matter of controlling my spending - I manage to do that with self-control. It's just easier and, frankly safer... systems get hacked... if it does, I lose at most $20 and keep my identity safe.

I try to use similar approaches where ever I can... no need to tempt fate... and yes, my credit cards are "safe", simply dispute the charges and/or cancel the card if something happens, but it's a hassle that I can avoid... so I do.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I wonder how that happened. I don't ever input my iTunes info.... No need to. Although my house was broken into and my iMac and MBA were stolen....

Gunn Ray

May 16, 2011
Visit site

It's very unlikely that your card details have been stolen from Apple database. Most probably you've used that card somewhere on the internet, and the data was stolen from there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW