Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts

Default iMovie for iPad

Hi all,

I just did a search for imovie in this forum and it didn't turn up any answers so i was just wondering is there any way to get imovie onto the ipad 1?

The reason is my wife has an iphone4 and took some videos that she wanted to edit, of course it's easier on a larger screen but when i went to download imovie on the ipad it told me it was unsupported because i don't have a camera...why is a camera necessary for editing videos? AFAIK the videos you edit don't have to be ones you've taken on the device.
    iPhone Newbie

20 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

I can't post a link, yet, but there are a lot of articles out there that detail how to do this with a simple Google search.
    iMore Intermediate

414 Posts
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts

No, there is no need a camera.
    Read this post "How to install imove on the iPad 1":
    How To: Install iMovie on the iPad v1 | iPhone and iPad Forums
    iPhone Intermediate

170 Posts

have you tried downloading into via iTunes on a desktop computer, then synching it there? it worked with me when i couldn't use some apps on an ipod touch 1G anymore due to the iOS update...
    iPhone Beginner

93 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Do I need iMovie to play movies on my iPad2, or can I just use iTunes like I do with my Touch?