Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts

Default Which remote desktop app is best ?

I have a windows xp pc, wanting to access on wifi locally and with 3G when out, and would need the ability to wake from sleep. So tell me which remote desktop app is better for me..??

Your opinions and experience is appreciated...
    Dot Com Infoway- Mobile Application Development
    http://www.dotcominfoway.com/mobile-...on-development
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I use CrazyRemote and have had no problems with it. (And it was cheaper than anything else around.)
    Thanked by:
    paul100 (04-19-2011)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,683 Global Posts

I've tried logmein but I didnt really like it to much, pretty slow and kinda buggy
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts

Thank you Alli... I will try out the CrazyRemote App. And let you know about my opinion.
    Dot Com Infoway- Mobile Application Development
    http://www.dotcominfoway.com/mobile-...on-development
    iPhone Newbie

TeamViewer is free and great. use it all the time. i've also tried Wyse pocketcloud and that worked fine as well... also free. Might need to use a separate WOL app but i leave my machine on all the time so it's not an issue for me. you can pay for a Pro or Premium version of pocket cloud that adds features like remote sound and such if you really need that sort of thing.
    ViP 4.2.6 greenpois0n
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I tried TeamViewer first and it just didn't work for me.
    iPhone Beginner

logmein is really good. lets you log into your pc remotely from anywhere for free, but the iphone application is like 28 bucks or something ....
    Last edited by baharharre; 04-21-2011 at 06:46 AM.
    iPhone Newbie

TeamViewer works great. Use it on IPhone and IPad for a desktop and a laptop.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I use Jaadu VNC. Pricey but very very good and great support/setup guide via their website.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

For those that used LogMeIn - is there a free version you tried or do you have to pay the $29.99 to see if it worked for you?
    iPhone Nanite

Wyse PocketCloud has a lot of features and polish, as well as enterprise grade support.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1 Beta 2

I have log me in for my home computer and pocket cloud for work. I used them both on my iPad and they are great apps. The only pita issue with pocket cloud is the keyboard, but that is more so because of me job then anything else.
     Gold iPhone 5S 64 GB VZW on iOS 7.0.2  iPad 3rd Gen Black 16GB  Black MacBook 13" 2008  20" iMac Late 2007  Apple TV 2  2009 13' MacBook Pro
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I too have been using Teamviewer on my Desktop and tried the same on my iPad, it worked wonderful. I could also use function keys like F1 and F2 for my old DOS based programmes.. And the best part is that it's absolutely free..

m13
    iPhone Newbie

For me LogMeIn Ignition is very reliable. Not the fastest but works pretty much all the time (3G and wifi).
    Under local wifi I have Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPad to watch flash video. I have no need for gaming but I understand it work well for that as well.
    iPhone Intermediate

I am very pleased with Pocket Cloud. I like the motif for exact cursor control and right click. I also like TinyTERM for terminal emulation - not something most probably need but it is like the desktop version where it reigns as far as terminal types, F keys, protocols.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5 both

Logmein. Hands down. Way faster. Fstest remote desktop app I've ever used. Sets up with login and password, not an ip address, so it's easy, and you can access from anywhere (decent speeds on 3G even, but who uses that?) and has built in file sharing and file management.

Did I mention it's the fastest remote desktop app I've ever seen? Not just for iPad, but for anything. Ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 3GS jailbroken/unlocked, iPad 1 jailbroken, PS3 (I wish it was jailbroken), Windows PC user.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,607 Global Posts

You might want to clarify what "best" means. I find that I prefer VNC apps locally though my setup doesn't support VNC if I'm not on my own network.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I use itap for rdp access to my home computers. Speed is better than vnc most of the time, just can't game from rdp connections.

Global Posts
    2,362 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I use the logmein. We use the free version at work and I got them to pay the $30 for my iPad version. Works really well. $30 is steep tho.
    iPhone Nanite

Would I be able to use these apps to access my MacBook pro's built in camera?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

TeamViewer and Jaadu VNC are my favorites.
    iPhone Newbie

TeamViewer is great!
    iMore Beginner

I just wanted to revive this thread and see what the latest and greatest remote desktop app is?

I too have a MacBook Pro - if camera access is possible then you have a remote security camera capability with the right remote desktop software???

Is Logmein still the preferred app?
    iPhone Newbie

Been using 2X Client and been happy. Free app, doesn't have a lot of the restrictions I was coming arcross with most Remote Desktop Clients (most of them I tried didn't let you right click for context menus, only left clicks).
    iPhone Beginner

Yes to whoever asked about Logmein - you have to cough up $29.99 to try it and are stuck. I tried Splashtop remote - works good and it's claim to fame is it will pull sound through to your ipad. Here's the problem i had though... It would turn on my computer mic and I could hear everything going on in the room, house or wherever my computer was through to my ipad along with the sound of video etc... Never could get it worked out.

I tried TeamViewer and although no sound - works flawlessly.

Here is another preference thing... The others (besides Teamviewer) work like your finger is the mouse, where your finger is, your mouse it and you have to click where you want it clicked. In Teamviewer it works like the touchpad on a laptop - you can just swipe it where ever and it will move the mouse and then just double or single tap where your finger is when your mouse icon is where you want it even if not same place - for instance, I hold my ipad and just "scroll" in the lower right corner with my thumb and can run my mouse all over the screen, with others you have to touch where you want it exactly...

Teamviewer works.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast