Which remote desktop app is best ?

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I have a windows xp pc, wanting to access on wifi locally and with 3G when out, and would need the ability to wake from sleep. So tell me which remote desktop app is better for me..??

Your opinions and experience is appreciated...

yanks19

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
TeamViewer is free and great. use it all the time. i've also tried Wyse pocketcloud and that worked fine as well... also free. Might need to use a separate WOL app but i leave my machine on all the time so it's not an issue for me. you can pay for a Pro or Premium version of pocket cloud that adds features like remote sound and such if you really need that sort of thing.

baharharre

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
logmein is really good. lets you log into your pc remotely from anywhere for free, but the iphone application is like 28 bucks or something ....

Last edited:

cdycus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
For those that used LogMeIn - is there a free version you tried or do you have to pay the $29.99 to see if it worked for you?

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have log me in for my home computer and pocket cloud for work. I used them both on my iPad and they are great apps. The only pita issue with pocket cloud is the keyboard, but that is more so because of me job then anything else.

PxDx

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I too have been using Teamviewer on my Desktop and tried the same on my iPad, it worked wonderful. I could also use function keys like F1 and F2 for my old DOS based programmes.. And the best part is that it's absolutely free..

m13

May 5, 2011
Visit site
For me LogMeIn Ignition is very reliable. Not the fastest but works pretty much all the time (3G and wifi).
Under local wifi I have Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPad to watch flash video. I have no need for gaming but I understand it work well for that as well.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I am very pleased with Pocket Cloud. I like the motif for exact cursor control and right click. I also like TinyTERM for terminal emulation - not something most probably need but it is like the desktop version where it reigns as far as terminal types, F keys, protocols.

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Logmein. Hands down. Way faster. Fstest remote desktop app I've ever used. Sets up with login and password, not an ip address, so it's easy, and you can access from anywhere (decent speeds on 3G even, but who uses that?) and has built in file sharing and file management.

Did I mention it's the fastest remote desktop app I've ever seen? Not just for iPad, but for anything. Ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You might want to clarify what "best" means. I find that I prefer VNC apps locally though my setup doesn't support VNC if I'm not on my own network.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I use the logmein. We use the free version at work and I got them to pay the $30 for my iPad version. Works really well. $30 is steep tho.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711