Which remote desktop app is best ?

JBHII

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I just wanted to revive this thread and see what the latest and greatest remote desktop app is?

I too have a MacBook Pro - if camera access is possible then you have a remote security camera capability with the right remote desktop software???

Is Logmein still the preferred app?

cosborn

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Been using 2X Client and been happy. Free app, doesn't have a lot of the restrictions I was coming arcross with most Remote Desktop Clients (most of them I tried didn't let you right click for context menus, only left clicks).

jmgilliam#IM

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes to whoever asked about Logmein - you have to cough up $29.99 to try it and are stuck. I tried Splashtop remote - works good and it's claim to fame is it will pull sound through to your ipad. Here's the problem i had though... It would turn on my computer mic and I could hear everything going on in the room, house or wherever my computer was through to my ipad along with the sound of video etc... Never could get it worked out.

I tried TeamViewer and although no sound - works flawlessly.

Here is another preference thing... The others (besides Teamviewer) work like your finger is the mouse, where your finger is, your mouse it and you have to click where you want it clicked. In Teamviewer it works like the touchpad on a laptop - you can just swipe it where ever and it will move the mouse and then just double or single tap where your finger is when your mouse icon is where you want it even if not same place - for instance, I hold my ipad and just "scroll" in the lower right corner with my thumb and can run my mouse all over the screen, with others you have to touch where you want it exactly...

Teamviewer works.

rickyaliasgar

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
There are various remote desktop services such as logmeinrescue, gosupportnow, GoToMyPC etc. However, I would prefer an appliance based deployment model such as Bomgar or RHUB appliances, as it is easy to use and there are no hassles of monthly payments. It is only a onetime cost.

jzarob

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If you're on a Mac, I'd personally recommend the built in screen sharing application. You can access it by accessing "Connect to Server" in the Go menu in the Finder menu bar. Then in the server address field, enter vnc://your-server-ip.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73