Tweetbot?

ajonesma

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Since TiPb and some other iphone/mac blogs posted that Tweetbot would be available in the appstore last night, I tried it and it is awesome! Totally worth the $1.99.

Who else is using this?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I am. Its nice but I would really love it to have landscape keyboard. Push works great with Boxcar.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I really like the swipe left and right. This app is nice becuase its different from most. All others seem to copy each other. If you need push, just download Boxcar. It works very fast. This is their first version released to public so I am sure it will only get better. This is now my primary twitter client for iPhone.

ajonesma

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I think it is missing is showing the user's tweet count on their profile page. Other than that its my favorite twitter app

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I have been trying tweetbot throughout the day, and it is pretty nice. It seems to be really focused on the one thing that all of Tapbot's apps are focused on - user experience. I get the same "just use it" kind of feel from Tweetbot that I do with apps like Calcbot and Convertbot. You just jump in and start using it. Alot of this has to do with their design - there are limited on screen "interruptions" when you just look at the app. Only four tabs on the bottom, and the tweets (along with a small status line at top). In addition, rather than relying on buttons, they use more gestures (tap, double tap, tap and hold, swipe left, swipe right). That means you just start to move your fingers to do something, making you feel more connected to the iPhone (and by extension, the app itself). Lastly, as Leanna was talking about in her review, the sounds are very subtle. They are there, so you get a sense of response when you perform and action, but it is a very low "click" or "tap" sound, not something that immediately draws your attention.

Now, there are some things it doesn't do. I can't find anyway to click on a user and get their tweets. It doesn't do push (although they say they are working on it). While it does offer some standard options (like adding photos) it doesn't have a huge array of them. You can see photos in the tweets themselves. So for someone looking for a Twitter client that does it ALL, this is not for them.

For someone looking for a twitter client that has a fair amount of functionality and just has a good "feel" to it, they might want to give Tweetbot a try.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Gotta admit, being able to use a list for your timeline makes mobile tweeting so much better - especially when you're following way too many people.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Daniel.Jones

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I have used both, the default twitter app and Tweetbot. I personally feels Tweetbot is better application for accessing and tweeting over iPhone devices. The best feature of the app is multiple timeline and option to quickly switch between between lists.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The thing I like most I think is being able to search my timeline for key words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I use Tweetbot as well as my primary Twitter client on my phone. I used to like the Twitter app but ever since the updated the user interface to the new style I have not liked it at all.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner