New User from Blackberry - Social Feeds Equivalent?

Sarlic

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi everone:

Just purchased my first iPhone today, coming over to "the dark side" after years of Blackberry use. Getting used to the touch screen but enjoying the experience so far.

For those of you who have used blackberry before (particularly OS 6) can someone recommend a good app equivalent to the "Social Feeds" app, which was essentially an RSS reader that had one view for RSS feeds, and another view for social feeds (facebook and twitter) and the ability to filter by website/platform?

Looking for anything highly recommended, and willing to pay for it if it's good enough!

Many thanks to all,

SM

asuprice

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi everone:

Just purchased my first iPhone today, coming over to "the dark side" after years of Blackberry use. Getting used to the touch screen but enjoying the experience so far.

For those of you who have used blackberry before (particularly OS 6) can someone recommend a good app equivalent to the "Social Feeds" app, which was essentially an RSS reader that had one view for RSS feeds, and another view for social feeds (facebook and twitter) and the ability to filter by website/platform?

Looking for anything highly recommended, and willing to pay for it if it's good enough!

Many thanks to all,

SM

Vodafone Update is one that I know of. It's free and incorporates facebook, twitter, linkedin, and myspace.

Hootsuite is another

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Social Feeds for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch

Social Feeds will be available for sale on the iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch!

For more information, please visit: www (dot) SocialFeedsApp (dot) com

Jemjee

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Social Feeds a few hours ago and have been playing with it. I see no area to set up notifications for Facebook or Twitter, no settings for sounds, and the timeline always defaults to the top (as opposed to starting you where you left off). I like the fact that I can get Facebook and Twitter in one feed, but this definitely won't replace the more robust Twitter and Facebook apps (and I don't think it was meant to).

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Social Feeds a few hours ago and have been playing with it. I see no area to set up notifications for Facebook or Twitter, no settings for sounds, and the timeline always defaults to the top (as opposed to starting you where you left off). I like the fact that I can get Facebook and Twitter in one feed, but this definitely won't replace the more robust Twitter and Facebook apps (and I don't think it was meant to).

My thoughts exactly. I really like have my twitter and Facebook in one feed, but it's missing so many settings and options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. There are many settings coming out for the app in update 1.5, such as sound settings.

As for the notifications, can you give me more information what you would like to be notified about?

We can make the timeline open up where you finished off - this maybe be added in an update.

RSS Feeds will be in the 2.0 update in the new year.

Thanks,
The SF Team.

Reactions: leharris22

Jemjee

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. There are many settings coming out for the app in update 1.5, such as sound settings.

As for the notifications, can you give me more information what you would like to be notified about?

We can make the timeline open up where you finished off - this maybe be added in an update.

RSS Feeds will be in the 2.0 update in the new year.

Thanks,
The SF Team.

It's great to hear that you are open to user feedback. As far as notifications go, I'm looking for the same types of notifications I get from my existing Facebook and twitter apps.

Examples of Facebook notifications include: When someone comments on my post, when someone likes my post, when someone posts on my timeline.

Examples of Twitter notifications include: When someone follows me, when someone mentions me, when someone DM's me, when someone RT's me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods