Paprika Recipe Manager for iPad, by Julie
$4.99 ****

Pros:
  • Outstanding recipe manager
  • Browse recipes online
  • Make grocery list
  • Email recipes and grocery lists
  • Plan meals
  • Prevent the screen from turning off while cooking!
  • Recipes can be added/edited in portrait or landscape mode

Cons:
  • iPhone Version sold separately for $4.99
  • Cloud Subscription Fee of $9.99 is required
  • No option to check off ingredients as you cook

I love to organize! Paprika makes it so simple to add/edit recipes on your iPad, extremely user friendly, with a smooth interface. A new recipe can be added within just a few minutes. You can customize your very own categories by ingredients, style, side dish, main dish and the list goes on. You can add your families favorite recipes all into one place for easy review or use the search function to quickly access your recipes. You can also copy and paste recipes that your friends, family, co-workers send you right into Paprika, whether it's sent by email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

With the Browser function, Paprika takes you to Google Search by default, you can change this in settings. Easily search millions of recipes online and once you find a recipe that interests you, tap "save recipe" and Paprika does the rest, you add the category, edit the recipe, add any additional information and tap done.

Plan your meals and create grocery lists. Paprika makes it so easy to plan and create your grocery lists. Make one weekly trip to the grocery store not several trips because you forgot an ingredient or two or three. All you do is tap on the grocery cart icon and Paprika adds your recipe ingredients to your grocery list, then you can email your grocery list to your phone, so you never forget your list, unless of course you forget your phone.

I absolutely love the lock screen feature, preventing your screen from turning off right in the middle of cooking, this way you don't have to use your messy hands to unlock your iPad.

A few cons as listed above, but I can certainly live with those because I love the design and ease of use! You can opt to skip the Cloud subscription fee and manually back up using iTunes.

Overall if you want to use your iPad to organize your recipes, Paprika Recipe Manager is the app for you! Paprika should meet everyone's needs to manage their families recipes quickly and easily. Paprika Recipe Manager becomes your Families Electronic Cookbook.

Screenshots from my iPad:

PaprikaApp.jpg

Paprika2.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

* = No redeeming qualities or features, probably not worth it even if it is free
** = Few redeeming qualities, or is simply isn't worth the price
*** = Some good features but also some clear flaws.
**** = A solid app, worth the money if interested, a few flaws or problems or slightly overpriced
***** = Top of the line app, no problems or drawbacks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kim M

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
All the options of this app seems interesting,but price is little costly.

I agree, except there are not many recipe management apps out there, the other one that compares in features is $6.99. I figure I'll probably never buy a cookbook again so in the long run this app will save me a lot of money. The browse/import/save recipe feature is awesome! Once you find a recipe online that interests you, simple tap "save recipe", done, it's great!

Last edited:

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
No, it's fine. I actually don't have access to the review list (the other forum reviewer, Matt, is in charge of that, but I haven't seen him around recently). I can't speak for him, but I would always be happy to post other reviews in the list.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh