weather newb question

hodie63

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
does any of the weather apps show live conditions on the icon ? i just got my phone yesterday and came from a storm 2. i really love live weather icons and so far have found nothing and i have downloaded 3 different weather apps trying to find one. or is this one of those jailbreak perks ? also i like the htc clock is this a jailbreak perk as well ?

thanx for lookin hodie63

cp9102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Yup, only way to get what you want is to jailbreak. There is an HTC clock/weather app you can get, but from what i've read takes a little more effort to get installed than normal.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yup, only way to get what you want is to jailbreak. There is an HTC clock/weather app you can get, but from what i've read takes a little more effort to get installed than normal.

It's kind of an "advanced jailbreak" thing... you have to be comfortable with getting into your phone at the os' folder level and manipulating a set-up file for it to work.

cp9102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
It's kind of an "advanced jailbreak" thing... you have to be comfortable with getting into your phone at the os' folder level and manipulating a set-up file for it to work.

Yeah that's what it looked like when i was jailbroken, and i didn't feel like getting into things that far. In face that HTC weather app was 1 of the main reasons i tried jailbreaking, and when i realized how deep into the phone i'd have to go and what was involved, i said screw it. I've since gone back to stock and un-jailbreaked. I just wish Apple would allow some of the tweaks that Cydia allows to be done without jailbreaking, but i know this'll never happen.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just wish Apple would allow some of the tweaks that Cydia allows to be done without jailbreaking, but i know this'll never happen.

Hey, you never know! Apple's calendar app has an updating icon, so iOS wise it's definitely possible without a huge change. I actually wouldn't be surprised if this showed up in iOS 5, personally. People seem to be hesitant to switch from platforms like BlackBerry or Android because they don't wanna lose BerryWeather or their widgets... But if that problem went away, or were semi-addressed...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77