Review: Friendly Plus for Facebook, by Oecoway

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
[URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/friendly-plus-for-facebook/id382011064?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Friendly Plus for the iPad[/URL], by Oecoway
$0.99, *****

Pros:

? Nice interface for the iPad
? Allow the majority of Facebook features

Cons:

? None! (Except it would be nice if Facebook had an app of their own!)

While I am far from the Facebook addict that some people are (I see my students on there almost every hour of ever day!), I still like to be able to check Facebook and update my status, read messages from friends, and post pictures (although I am trying to swear off the facebook games!). While Facebook came out with an App for the iPhone, they have yet to develop anything for the iPad, leaving Facebook users to use the web interface which doesn?t allow the full feature set. So individual developers like Oecoway have taken it upon themselves to develop Facebook apps for the iPad, and Friendly Plus seems to be one of the best ones out there.

Friendly plus keep a ?familiar? Facebook fee to it with the same color scheme, similar (if not identical) fonts, so you feel like you are on Facebook when you are using it. The interface is designed for the iPad, so it makes full use of the iPad?s larger screen (as opposed to apps that simply expand to fill up the space). When starting Friendly Plus, you are presented with large live feed at first, allowing you to see what everyone else is saying.

Just about every feature that Facebook has is also included in Friendly Plus, although I admit I am more focused on the options for uploading photos (which seems to be what I often find myself doing). With the Friendly Plus settings options, you can write notes, upload photos, edit your profile and edit your friends, modify your account setting, customize your privacy settings ? you can even have multiple accounts and switch between them! Friendly does allow you to customize the font size and color scheme you use, but I just kept it as is to keep the Facebook ?feel?.

With Friendly Plus, you can also check your online friend status (for chatting), a feature I seldom use but I hear from my students is very popular. There is even a link to look at the game (and game requests) that you have ? mine always seem to be filled with Farmville requests. This is done through an in-app web browser interface, so you are technically not using Friendly Plus anymore, but the integration is seamless so you can?t really tell!

All in all, while Facebook seems to be ignoring the iPad, Friendly Plus has taken up the slack nicely, providing a nice, clean, easy to use Facebook client. In the absence of a ?made by Facebook? app, Friendly plus serves it purpose and fills in nicely ? maybe even more nicely that a native Facebook app would be! If you are a Facebook junkie and want a good interface to use on your iPad, for only $0.99 Friendly Plus is probably the way to go. Five out of five stars.

Rating scale:

* = No redeeming qualities or features, probably not worth it even if it is free
** = Few redeeming qualities, or is simply isn't worth the price
*** = Some good features but also some clear flaws.
**** = A solid app, worth the money if interested, a few flaws or problems or slightly overpriced
***** = Top of the line app, no problems or drawbacks.

Price is factored into the ratings. Ratings are lowered if I feel the price of the app outweighs the benefits/enjoyment/features it provides. Likewise, an app that is a good value for the money will have a higher rating. 

iloveapp

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the free version and this app is great until the latest update. I can't post my reply on my friends' status. Overall this app is still the best app for Facebook!

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded this app and I'm not sure why exactly but I hate the user interface... I think they should just restart from scratch lol

Lily

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
How to delete pages through Friendly Facebook app?

Can anyone help me with how to edit your subscribed pages through Friendly for iPad?
It does give you the option to edit and remove your "friends" but I can't find the edit option for pages that you've subscribed to?

Cheers,
Lily

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73