Rss reader

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay everyone, I have been looking for a good rss reader app. I dot really care about sync features. All I really want is a nice interface and also one that auto updates and notifies me when there is a new feed available. I hate all these apps that you have to tell it to check all the time. So does anyone know a good rss reader that has push notifications? Thanks!

WK446

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I've used a whole gambit of newsreaders and I cannot revall of one with push notifications. IMHO, Reeder stands out quite clearly. It has extremely fast subscription updating (even on 2G/Edge data speeds), it is very legible for heavy duty reading, and interfaces with almost all social media, Instapaper, etc. The aesthetics and design of the app are also quite good.

I have also used MobileRSS Pro and one called RSS Flash G, which is also quite good. It is less well know but extremely powerful if you consume alot of news.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
MobileRSS Pro and HD for the iPad are the ones I use. Reeder is okay, but you can't manage your feeds and there is only one theme. Plus the dev is a ****ing pussy.

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
MobileRSS Pro and HD for the iPad are the ones I use. Reeder is okay, but you can't manage your feeds and there is only one theme. Plus the dev is a ****ing pussy.

So does MobileRSS Pro refresh automatically and tell you when there are new posts?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
You can set it up to refresh automatically when you open it, but I don't know of a single one that will do it automatically when you don't have the app open. I have about 15 different RSS apps, too.

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Reeder is the winner. I am going to try it. I just wish there was a rss reader that had push notifications. I am a recent BB switcher from a BB Torch to the Iphone4 and I really liked the handling of BB built in RSS reader in OS6